The Most Dedication I've Had

I'm sorry if this post turns in to something long but it needs to be said. Meet my favorite pants. I loved these pants and wore them ALL THE TIME. Unfortunately, they no longer stay up. This is 50 lbs of weight loss. This is working out every day and eating right. This is constant depression at first and pure happiness now. This is no longer having back pain that kept me on the couch bc just moving hurt (degenerative disc disease is the worst pain I've ever had). This is going from hating myself to knowing my worth. This is looking in the mirror and wanting to puke to finally feeling beautiful. Everyone is different. I struggled so hard with my weight and I just wanted it gone. I wanted the depression gone. Some people are okay with being my first weight and that's fine but i wasn't. Please don't tell me "you looked good in both pictures" bc that takes away from the hard work and dedication I've put in to better myself. In my opinion, although people mean well by the comment it's a slap to my face bc the person I am now is SO MUCH better than who I was on 2/10/21. I don't want to be her anymore. I feel like so many people say they want to lose weight but so few actually put in the time. You only get one life. One chance. Why not make that one life worth it?? This is the new me. This is me loving myself. This is 50 lbs of weight loss. Here's to 20 more soon...aokj9k58edrf.jpg

Replies

• justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    HWPO! Just curious, did the 50lbs take pressure off the degen disc so that you could work out? When did the whole capable of moving thing happen? I have lots of people I care for, with lots of pain, and I know it is tough to start a fitness regimen with that going on as well.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Awesome journey. You look great and healthier! I think that's the biggest thing people forget when trying to be all PC and love the body you are in, is that with extra weight comes health problems. So kudos to you on your journey and congrats on being a better you as you explained!
  • BunnyGrenades
    BunnyGrenades Posts: 7 Member
    HWPO! Just curious, did the 50lbs take pressure off the degen disc so that you could work out? When did the whole capable of moving thing happen? I have lots of people I care for, with lots of pain, and I know it is tough to start a fitness regimen with that going on as well.

I was on prescription strength anti inflammatories when I started and that helped a lot. It does hurt starting off but I just pushed through it and little by little the pain was less. I just realized that living my life being afraid to move wasn't a life I wanted and figured I either live in pain or deal with more pain for a little bit but be better after.
  • BunnyGrenades
    Awesome journey. You look great and healthier! I think that's the biggest thing people forget when trying to be all PC and love the body you are in, is that with extra weight comes health problems. So kudos to you on your journey and congrats on being a better you as you explained!

Yeah, I fully agree. I'm at the point now where if I gain even 5 lbs I want someone to tell me they can notice. I hated who I used to be and want nothing to do with that and the pain I was in. Thank you.
  • 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    You look amazing. That is a big change and honestly it's worth all the work you have to put in just to feel great again.

As for the pants, there are sooo many other pants out there. A whole world of pants 😄 Time to find a new favourite
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    firstly wow you look amazing now you can really tell that you have put in hard work and your body looks a different shape ... I too had pain as a started for my weight loss ...sitting all day and using a stick to walk its amazing isn't it when your whole body just transforms when we start to look after ourselves more...well done can wait to see the change in the next 20 pounds!
  • DontStopAchievin
    DontStopAchievin Posts: 31 Member
    @BunnyGrenades : YOU should be proud of yourself. You are the one that has to be happy with the results, (and those results are very noticeable, btw. ) :) Great work in getting where you want to be for the moment. I look forward to see you when 20 pounds are gone. Keep going, my friend. YOU will be more beautiful than you are now. :smiley:
  • BunnyGrenades
    @BunnyGrenades : YOU should be proud of yourself. You are the one that has to be happy with the results, (and those results are very noticeable, btw. ) :) Great work in getting where you want to be for the moment. I look forward to see you when 20 pounds are gone. Keep going, my friend. YOU will be more beautiful than you are now. :smiley:

Thank you so much for the kind words!!
  • BunnyGrenades
    88AViva wrote: »
    You look amazing. That is a big change and honestly it's worth all the work you have to put in just to feel great again.

As for the pants, there are sooo many other pants out there. A whole world of pants 😄 Time to find a new favourite

Lol I know there are. They needed to go with or without weightloss lmao. Thanks for the kind words.
  • joesanabria33
    joesanabria33 Posts: 45 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hey great job and dedication! This post is super inspiring. Keep up the journey. I think you are killing it! I'm on Day 1 of my weight loss journey so stories like this help lots.
  • SNAILTURBO2GO
    SNAILTURBO2GO Posts: 8 Member
    Dang you go girl! The you I see now is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing the truth! Thank you for not sugar coating how freaking hard weight loss really is... you are killing this! Thanks for your truth and energy and hard work. Thank you for doing this for you and not letting others drag you down! 50 pounds in 3 months is sick, crazy, insane weight loss! You are killer girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!