Finally below 300!!

Options
finallyproud
finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
About 4 years ago I walked into my doctors office and stepped on the scale..it said I weighed 311 lbs. I was heart broken and burst into tears. The doctor actually recommended gastric bypass surgery, but I couldn't even consider that. In my mind that was way to risky. I was such a disappointment to myself and all I could do was wonder how my husband could still love me. Well I got really depressed and all I could do was eat to make myself feel better, and from that I gained even more weight. When I finally woke up and realized I was slowly killing myself I weighed 320 lbs. Today I stepped onto another scale and it said you weigh 293 lbs. That was a 7 lbs. loss for me in a week, but a million pound loss of burden. Total in all I have lost 27 lbs. since January, and I have made it below 300 lbs! No gastric bypass or magic pills, but the determination to change my life for the better. I also couldn't have done it with out the support and encouragement from everyone on here. Thank you so much!:heart:

Replies

• finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    About 4 years ago I walked into my doctors office and stepped on the scale..it said I weighed 311 lbs. I was heart broken and burst into tears. The doctor actually recommended gastric bypass surgery, but I couldn't even consider that. In my mind that was way to risky. I was such a disappointment to myself and all I could do was wonder how my husband could still love me. Well I got really depressed and all I could do was eat to make myself feel better, and from that I gained even more weight. When I finally woke up and realized I was slowly killing myself I weighed 320 lbs. Today I stepped onto another scale and it said you weigh 293 lbs. That was a 7 lbs. loss for me in a week, but a million pound loss of burden. Total in all I have lost 27 lbs. since January, and I have made it below 300 lbs! No gastric bypass or magic pills, but the determination to change my life for the better. I also couldn't have done it with out the support and encouragement from everyone on here. Thank you so much!:heart:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    that is awesome:flowerforyou: congrats!!!:heart:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful!!! what accomplishment.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    so very awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • shuttletat
    Options
    Congradulations!!! You go, Girl!! Yes you can do it, and you will! Keep up the good work!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    wtg!!:drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooooooo proud of you. You are doing wonderfully!! Keep it up!!!

Hopefully pretty soon I will be able to say "Under 200!"

Memaw
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

What a great story. Keep on going. I wish you all the luck

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Keep up the fantastic work...you are very inspirational :smile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good for you. That is wonderful:smile: You should be proud of yourself:flowerforyou:
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot!:flowerforyou: Good job, WTG!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    That's soooooo fantastic! Keep it up, you're doing a great job! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • dadslittlegirl
    Options
    Way cool, Keep up the good work I'm so proud of you. Talk to you soon.
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    woo hoo!!!:wink:
  • DALLASRAIDER
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of you! That is a wonderful start to a healthy life! :flowerforyou:
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Awesome job! That must feel incredible!
    I have been in a similar situation. The last time I went to a doctor, he said I should look into gastric bypass. I was seriously considering it. I'm glad you chose not to though, because the consequences can be so serious.
    Keep up the good work! You can do it!
    :drinker:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
    Keep up the good work
    You are so worth it!

Kim
  • jvandertuin
    Options
    You have done a wonderful thing for yourself and family. You keep the proud feelings and keep at it! You've shown that you can go this far. Although I don't know you, I wish you the best! That is truly wonderful news and...you did it on your own without meds or surgery and you can continue to do it.
  • kmaug
    kmaug Posts: 23
    Options
    That is amazing!! I'm so happy that you chose to lose weight in a healthy way instead of surgery!! I myself was going to have surgery about five years ago went to the consultation and everything but the whole time I was there I felt like it wasn’t right… but when I got home I did it the right way healthy eating and exercise and lost 80plus pounds… I know that losing weight the right way will make you feel good about your self and you will feel so proud of your all the hard work you put into : happy: good luck and congrats on this milestone!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!