George Foreman Grill

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
So, if you use it, how do you use it??

I use mine a lot. To cook hamburgers, chicken sausages, chicken thighs, etc.

I even use it as a panini press! One of my favs is a ciabatta roll with 1 oz fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, sliced tomato and fresh basil. I make the sandwich and put it in the GF and let it press for a few minutes! YUM!!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    So, if you use it, how do you use it??

I use mine a lot. To cook hamburgers, chicken sausages, chicken thighs, etc.

I even use it as a panini press! One of my favs is a ciabatta roll with 1 oz fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, sliced tomato and fresh basil. I make the sandwich and put it in the GF and let it press for a few minutes! YUM!!!
  • Brandiann
    Brandiann Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I use mine to make chicken breasts (thin sliced), hambugers (chicken, turkey), turkey bacon, grilled veggies like peppers, onions, zucchini, etc.. Hot dogs for my son and sometimes grilled cheese. I use it probably 3x's a week or so.
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I do what you do....

I have nothing to add.
    I just did not want your thread to be lonely :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I do what you do....

I have nothing to add.
    I just did not want your thread to be lonely :flowerforyou:
    I know!! Not very many replies yet! lol I was looking for some new ideas! :laugh:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I just used mine this evening to grill some chicken breasts!!

I haven't had it long enough to really experiment with anything else... but it does really well with the chicken.

I had chicken, brown rice and a salad of baby romaine, strawberries and balsamic vinaigrette. :love:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I use mine to make chicken breasts (thin sliced), hambugers (chicken, turkey), turkey bacon, grilled veggies like peppers, onions, zucchini, etc.. Hot dogs for my son and sometimes grilled cheese. I use it probably 3x's a week or so.
    Ohh, using it for a grilled cheese is a great idea.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Along with some of the other uses already mentioned, I also use mine to grill fish and to cook bacon.
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    the panini sounds amazing... yumm... I need to try one of those... too bad I dont like peppers or tomatoes..what else could I use?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    How about some grilled vegitables with your mozzerella cheese if you don't like tomatoes and peppers. But, seriously, you gotta try roasted peppers! You could use roasted onions, zucchini, asperagras (slaughtered the spelling on that one!) Sounding good! You could grill the vegies first then do the sandwich. Seems like provalone would also be good, though probably a little higher in fat and calories.

How about a kabab?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    would you buy it again?

is it hard to clean?

should I get one? I eat alot of fish and chicken

does it grill a steak nicely?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    the panini sounds amazing... yumm... I need to try one of those... too bad I dont like peppers or tomatoes..what else could I use?
    You can probably use anything.

I sometimes put turkey pepperoni on with the mozzarella for a "Pizza panini"

I had thought of doing something like turkey breast, sliced apple and a little brie or something!!

Or ham and swiss. Anything is good. Using the ciabatta roll, it gets crusty/crispy on the outside and soft and melty on the inside! SOO good!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    would you buy it again?

is it hard to clean?

I already did buy it again when the first one bit the dust! :laugh:

If you clean it while it's still hot, it's easy! I spray it with water and wipe it down! Takes like a minute or two.

It cooks chicken really nicely. I haven't used it on fish yet but it does cook steak well too.

I made chicken thighs tonight and it drained off SOO much grease!!
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've been doing tilapia and salmon. I USED to do italian sausages and brats, but not anymore. I'm gonna grill some fake chik'n breasts tonight.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    would you buy it again?

is it hard to clean?

If you clean it while it's still hot, it's easy! I spray it with water and wipe it down! Takes like a minute or two.

It cooks chicken really nicely. I haven't used it on fish yet but it does cook steak well too.

the highest model? I think target had like a few different george foremans
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Tami, can I hire you as my personal chef?? :love:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    would you buy it again?

is it hard to clean?

the highest model? I think target had like a few different george foremans
    I have a small, basic one. I mean, it depends on what you will use it for. I can cook like 4 chicken thighs at once on it, 5 chicken sausages, etc. I don't need a huge one. So, I guess just base it on that.

I think you will get a lot of use out of it though!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami, can I hire you as my personal chef?? :love:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sure Nat...if that means I can move to the warmth of Texas!!! :laugh:

Wait, what am I saying?? Max is there!! :huh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    thanks Tam
  • TamTastic
    Options
    thanks Tam
    Your welcome!! :happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    would you buy it again?

is it hard to clean?

My DD had one and I hated it. She would cook burgers and let it sit till it cooled. Icky , stinky. Then I read to put a damp piece of paper towel in it and turn it off. After it's cool wipe. It wiped right out! Much easier cleanup.
    I do like chicken breast in it and have used it for panini. Love panini!
    I would be interested in the steak. I love steak on the grill (charcoal) But sometimes it is to cold out.