Day 1

Options
mlr41754
mlr41754 Posts: 2 Member
Hello All!

Concerned on Day 1 (today) under the calorie counting plan I am to eat whatever I want. Scary to me, feeling a continuation of bad habits and another day lost.
However, I will trust the process and prayerfully learn to be more patient, which has never been a strength of mine.

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It definitely works. You can eat what you want, just not as much as you want. Additionally, while you can lose weight eating hotdogs and drinking wine everyday (I won't admit to trying this for a week), you might find you feel really hungry. Overtime you will learn what helps you feel full.

Personally I aim for more protein (more than MFP recommends), fat, and fibre. That keeps me full, and then twice a week, I will fit some treats in. I do try to have them late in the day, so that my sweet tooth doesn't overtake me for the whole day. Others will find different things work for them. Don't be afraid to play with it, and if you have a day where you struggle, forgive yourself and keep going.
  • AJBusjahn
    AJBusjahn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nutmeg is correct. It's not so much what but how much is eaten. It's often a stumbling block for people to do something drastic like cut out an entire food group. Making gradual changes seems to work well for many. And protein is a great option for being fuller and it takes more energy to digest than the other macros. Google the thermic effect of food. It's quite interesting. I love to eat so finding stuff I can eat in high volume with lower impact on my totals worked well when I was cutting. Hope I'm not coming across as a know it all. I really don't know much and the research changes every few years. Have fun and experiment with different things. Everyone is unique in what works or doesn't.
  • mlr41754
    mlr41754 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. So, today’s day number two. I have logged in my breakfast which consisted of 1/2 of a pink grapefruit and two boiled eggs. However, that’s not enough according to the calorie distribution so I guess I will save the rest for a snack later?

Appreciate your kindness.
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to respond to me. So, today’s day number two. I have logged in my breakfast which consisted of 1/2 of a pink grapefruit and two boiled eggs. However, that’s not enough according to the calorie distribution so I guess I will save the rest for a snack later?

Are you a person who likes to eat a big breakfast? Or a big dinner or lunch? Or tons of snacks? Let the plan adapt to your preferred eating schedule. We each have one but they are not all the same.