Favorite, fast, low-cal work week meals..?

Options
Hi All!! I'm looking for some super fast, low cal, filling meals for the work week...curious to see what are some of your favorites out there??? Kid friendly would be especially helpful!! :) I'm a fan of make-ahead and freeze meals and even the crockpot, but that's not always possible and you're a little limited... Thanks in advance!! :):)

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I like to have wraps for lunch. I'll poach or bake or fry in a little EVOO, some chicken breasts or chicken tenders, then save those to put in wraps with a bunch of peppers and onions. or black beans with peppers and onions. :)
    add some fruit and/or veggies on the side and it's filling.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I stay home with my kids, but still need to eat as everyone else. I like making chicken salad on a bed of greens on a pita type bread. Add a piece of fruit, and raw veggies...you have lunch! (or in my case, dinner toinght).
  • vettermr
    Options
    I like the buns that are thin slice so they have low calorie with turkey, swiss cheese and tomato for lunch. Quinoa with spices is always a good thing you can make ahead and take as a leftover as well. http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/ is a great site for recipes for the crockpot. I like to make pastas and have them as leftovers. Sauteing zuchini and squash is great as a veggie for dinner and the next day for lunch!

Have you tried making sutffed red peppers and fill them with brown rice and black beans with a little tomato sauce--amazing! Can be made in crock pot or oven!