Found out I have mild fatty liver during a CT scan for a kidney stone

Options
As the title says, I found out a few months ago that I have mild fatty liver. I’m 31, 5’10”, and was 237.6 lbs when I decided enough was enough and it was time to lose weight. I have an amazing husband and 3 children and I want to be around a long time for them.
With some help from my doctor (I’m taking phentermine, not looking to discuss this part, I made a fully informed decision), I’ve so far lost 19.2 lbs since April 19, 2022 and my motivation is holding steady. I’m trying to keep my calories under 1300-1500 and making healthier choices for the calories I do consume. And I try to walk 3k + steps a day. I’m doing some light aerobics for a half hour, at least every other day.
I would love to have some more MFP friends to help keep me motivated!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    I too have a fatty liver along with other things (kidney stones ... type 2 diabetes etc. ) I eat keto and I walk 3 days a week and do Pilates/yoga 2 days a week .. I always change it up every month so I don't get bored ... next month will be walking 4 days a week and swimming in my pool ..Feel free to add me ..Congrats on your weight loss so far :)
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Fatty liver club! I'm glad you are working to do something about it. I wasn't as motivated as you when I found out I was developing it 10+ years ago so you have that going for you which is awesome. I admire that this was a wakeup call for you and you're actually doing something about it right away unlike me. I wish you every success with your journey! You can make it to whatever goal you set for yourself as long as you stick to it more often than not.

I'm going to add you and I hope you'll accept! But if not then I wish you continued success and congrats on your accomplishments so far! This is something that is largely reversible in the early stages and I hope you're able to do just that.
  • asmileforyou
    asmileforyou Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much! Yeah, it wasn’t noted in a CT scan about 6 months prior (for my first kidney stone, this was my second). It’s been a few months since that diagnosis but my doctor still thinks it’s early enough to be reversible so here’s hoping!
    My blood work was overall good, just an elevated ALT (49) and a slightly low HDL cholesterol. This was taken a few days before I started this weight loss journey. Hopefully it’ll be better whenever it’s checked again.
    Down 19.6 lbs now! Aiming for about 38 more.