DIET PILLS

Options
I don't take diet pills daily. I use them for the energy boost before I work out. I know it's bad for you AND they're pretty pricey.

Any suggestions for a replacement?

On a side note..
I had a friend tell me that he lost about 5-7 lbs a DAY drinking Redline energy drinks before a work out. Has anyone else tried that?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    I don't take diet pills daily. I use them for the energy boost before I work out. I know it's bad for you AND they're pretty pricey.

On a side note..
    I had a friend tell me that he lost about 5-7 lbs a DAY drinking Redline energy drinks before a work out. Has anyone else tried that?
    They aren't "diet" pills per say. Basically they are high caffeine laced products. Nothing wrong with them if they are used for energy, but to expect weight loss from them would be pushing it. If that were the case people wouldn't have to exercise or be active to encourage weight loss.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    Your friend probably lost water weight. I feel like if you lose that much per day, it's certainly not fat you are losing.
  • dorairwin
    Options
    One a day woman's active metabolism.. they are also good too thas what i use
  • dorairwin
    Options
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    Vitamins give me an energy boost every day!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The only thing he lost was water weight... energy drinks are chock full of caffeine which is a diuretic. Eat fewer calories and work out, there are no magic pills.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. Yum! :flowerforyou:
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I read recently that a small cup of strong black coffee beforehand is supposed to make you work out more effectively, so I suppose any caffeine would do. Can't say I noticed much difference, but I only use an exercise bike for around 30 minutes, so I'm not doing anything major that really requires an energy boost.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

AND they actually have the benefit of providing you some vitamins instead of caffeine which will increase your production of cortisol.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    cup of coffee an hour before my work outs help me.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    On a side note..

Over how many days? If it's a low number of days then its purely water weight, or has he really been burning 17,500 - 24,500 calories a day?
  • rachyz88
    rachyz88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I actually currently take oxyelite pro.... It helps me with my energy levels and also stops me from eating as much! I love them :)
  • Hurrricanejane
    Options

AND they actually have the benefit of providing you some vitamins instead of caffeine which will increase your production of cortisol.

I'm gonna try them, thanks :))
  • Shrekkk
    Options
    I use the One-A-Day women's with Guarana (Ithink it;s the active metabolism, or the Energy recipe). I also use a metabolism booster from Lifetime Fitness called Lean Source. These and a couple cups of coffee keep me going for a great day and a productive workout.

Be careful...losing 5-7 lbs. per day is not healthy... in fact its a little scarey. I didn't even think it could be possible.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    They sell a lot of pre-workout supplements that are supposed to be good for an energy boost. I'm interested in them for those days when you need a little push to get in a really great workout but then on the flip side I kind of wonder if its a bad idea - I mean if you're tired, you're TIRED right? so is it a good idea to artificially push yourself to work out even when your body really just needs rest?

also be careful with them - my trainer tried one that she won in a contest and she said she had the most amazing run ...and then afterwards she was hurting because she literally couldn't tell that she was overdoing it while she ran. The supplement totally prevented her from noticing that she needed to slow down or stop.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

On a side note..

5-7 pounds a day? I know a guy who swears big foot stole the hub caps off his Nova.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

On a side note..

5-7 pounds a day? I know a guy who swears big foot stole the hub caps off his Nova.

That's "sasquatch" to you, young man. Bigfoot is OUR word.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

On a side note..

It's ok. He had a student visa.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have a colleague whose kidney's shut down with pre workout supplements being at least part of the reason.
  • Hurrricanejane
    Options

On a side note..

It's ok. He had a student visa.

LMAO!