Weight Loss Progam

Options
Hey peeps,

This is Isaac. I am trying for some time to develop a certain fitness program with 30 min cardio per day which will help me lose weight around the belly and help me gain on the arms. I am 6'1.62 tall and 211 lbs.

The current program is for 4 days where I do back and back shoulder first day, 2nd-day chests and shoulder, third-day biceps, and triceps and forth legs and shoulder.

Let me know what you think should I do more like circuit training?

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hello Isaac!

So, the thing about weight loss is that you cannot spot reduce - doing ab exercises is not going to make you lose belly fat, for instance. In the same vein, strength training really isn't for fat loss. Any movement will increase your daily calories burned, but if you're trying to lose fat, the most important thing is to take in fewer calories from food than you burn while going about your daily life (whether that includes exercise or not). MyFitnessPal is a tool that can help you manage that "calories in, calories out" equation (you'll see it called CICO around the boards) - go through the guided setup to get your calorie budget. For someone your size, I would aim for about 0.5-1lb loss per week; you don't have much to lose, and you're also trying to build muscle at the same time. Search around the boards for "recomp" or "recomposition," there will be useful information in there for you as well.

The best exercise regimen is the one you'll stick to. If you like the program you're currently using, give it a month or two to decide whether it's working, then figure out what changes you need to make.