Guessing at the food diary?

I had a brownie the other day & have to guess at calories so I searched the food database on MFP and this came up:

Homemade - Chocolate Brownie, 1 Piece

How much do you think 1 Piece is wise wise?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I had a brownie the other day & have to guess at calories so I searched the food database on MFP and this came up:

Homemade - Chocolate Brownie, 1 Piece

How much do you think 1 Piece is wise wise?
    There has to be more than that one entry for brownies. That entry is pretty much worthless to anyone except the person who entered it.

Generally speaking, however, I think a "piece" of brownie is about 2" square.
  • azdiazfamily
    azdiazfamily Posts: 6 Member
    It is so hard to guess calories with food cause everyone makes them different, even companies. If you can remember the brand or store you got it from then you can try to google it and get the nutrition for it..
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Could be 1/9 of an 8x8 pan. Could be 1/8 of a 9x13 pan. Could be 1/10 of an 8" round. The answer is that you have absolutely no clue and that's rough. I typically try to look for something has a weight on it or more description as to what size piece it is (there are entries for brownies that say 2x2 or 1x2, etc) that make it easier to compare to the one you had. And also just use logic and honesty with yourself, based on it's size and weight you probably already know about how many calories you expect it to be, so look for entries close to that or slightly higher.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Try just entering "brownie".
    Got a bunch of hits, including one that said Cookies - brownie. The default was 1 oz, but the pull-down menu had a large one listed, too.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    I made them homemade, but i was hoping not to type in the whole recipe to find out =/

I sort of winged it with the frosting so I have no idea what the measurements would be for that.