Just for some Motivation, Let's share those NSV's!!!

Options
Hi,

I am just short of my 60 day anniversary with MFP, but my weight loss journey has been much longer.

Even though I have lost slightly over 50 pounds, there is still a balance of that amount to go. I have lost about 5 pounds now since joining MFP. I workout everyday, watch my food intake, and drink all my water.

Since I am currently struggling with a plateau I thought it might help me to focus on those wonderful things, other than the number on the scale.

NON-SCALE VICTORIES are just as important as the number we all seem to be chasing.

I have lost inches! YaY!!

I also sleep better, feel better, and my endurance is strengthening.

What positive changes have you noticed lately?

Replies

• jpaden
    Options
    Going down notches on my belt, and having more energy and a busier schedule than ever before.
    Plus a coworker just commented nicely about my weight loss.
  • coleslawYSJ
    coleslawYSJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My butt has shape to it, instead of being just a big ol' gadonkadonk!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    My right arm is smaller than the left one, and the stomach is shrinking. :D
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Much more energy, stronger, and 11.25 inches gone in thighs, hips, stomach and waist combined. :-)
  • jbrugg123
    Options
    Dropped from 38 to 29.9 on the Body Mass Index!!
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    <
    this pic is my nsv. Did not fit when I first got in the being of the summer now it starting to fit better.
  • jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Shorts that I've NEVER been able to wear are now a bit baggy; My granny panties (lol) are baggy- need new ones; I'm re-discovering clothes in my closet; I can walk on the treadmill for over an hour and live - used to have to get off after 10 min.... :)
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    My ten-year old daughter told me a few minutes ago, "mom, I can tell you've lost weight and have been working hard at working out." That is all I needed to hear! :bigsmile:
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My size 18 jeans are feeling a little loose (I said LOOSE LOL!!), to the point I keep having to pull them up. It's keeping me motivated to keep going so i can fit back into my size 16 jeans.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I feel great about myself and what I'm doing for ME! I've lost inches which I can tell from the measuring tape as well as the belt notches and loose jeans! I'm toning up my body and my muscles are getting hard! :happy: I'm also enjoying cooking for myself and others much more often than before and gaining a lot of confidence in the kitchen and loving the healthy dishes I'm putting on the table!

My favorite feeling is when someone who doesn't really know that you have been changing your lifestyle notices your change.

A friend I hadn't seen in a while told me I looked really good and asked if I lost weight the other night... I must have lit up like a kid in a candy shop and instantly said, "Yes I have! 10 lbs!" haha

The other night I was out to dinner with a group of friends and I reached for something across the table and my friend said, "OMG is that your muscle?!" Why yes, that is my tricep! :wink:
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I've had to start wearing a belt to hold my pants up :)
    No point in buying new pants yet when I'm still losing weight!
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I had to tighten up my HRM strap! And my shoes feel bigger....not sure I'm liking that...lol
  • BigBadVooDooBob
    Options
    I've gone in one notch on my belts, pants that didn't fit at the beginning of summer now fit, I can do a brisk 50 minute walk without feeling the need to hurl and my hair is growing back! Okay, maybe not that last one, but definitely all the rest!