Struggling to loose any weight

I need some help, my labs are fine no health issues other then low Vit D that’s being treated. I’m on adipex to suppress my appetite more and give me more energy. I’m drinking 66-80 oz of water a day, working out with 40 min-60 min of cardio 4-5 a week and a little strength training,eating about 1,000-1,500 calories a day, I try to fast from 8:30ishpm to 10 am. My weight is staying at 170lbs I’m 5”1” I’m highly discouraged. Does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,105 Member
    How long has it been? Exercise can cause water retention, masking fat loss on the scale, especially when the exercise is new.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Are you diligently measuring / weighing / logging everything that you eat?
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    How long have you been doing this cardio workout pattern?
    How long has your weight been plateaued?
    Has it moved at all?
    Do you have ‘cheat days’?
    Do you log every day and every meal / snack / drink? Or maybe a few days here and there you forget to log or miss a l day/meal?
    Are you 100% accurately logging with food measured by weight and carefully selecting correct diary entries? Or are your eyeballing, using estimates of ‘cups’ and spoons and picking any old entry?
  • felishafoster
    felishafoster Posts: 3 Member
    I log every meal I eat as well as the snacks and measure everything, I’m always right at or under my goal. I’m not eating sweets or drinking anything sugary right now either, I may eat a bit more for dinner on Friday but that’s it, I’ve been consistently working out five days a week for three weeks now. I lost about 4 lbs the first week or so and then nothing, then another 1-2 lbs this past two weeks. I’m not sure what else I can do.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,105 Member
    I log every meal I eat as well as the snacks and measure everything, I’m always right at or under my goal. I’m not eating sweets or drinking anything sugary right now either, I may eat a bit more for dinner on Friday but that’s it, I’ve been consistently working out five days a week for three weeks now. I lost about 4 lbs the first week or so and then nothing, then another 1-2 lbs this past two weeks. I’m not sure what else I can do.

Big losses the first week (due to losing water weight from less carbs and less food waste in your digestive tract) and then it slows down, because the quick water weight losses are over and furthermore you ramped up exercise (water retention for muscle repair). That just sounds like a story that I've read here many, many times.
    It's perfectly normal, you don't need to change anything except your expectations. So many people give up at this point, while they should just keep going because real weight loss is not like the Biggest Loser.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    You're LOSING at an average pace. There's NOTHING wrong. Just maybe your expectations are too high.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Weight loss isn't linear, be patient with yourself. There will be weeks that the scale doesn't move.

Have you considered focusing more on measurements / how your clothes fit / fitness metrics rather than just the number on your scale?
  • felishafoster
    felishafoster Posts: 3 Member
    I guess you all are right it’s going to take time I need to focus on other things and nut just the scale numbers. I really appreciate all your help and support <3