Really need some fresh support

Options
Heyyy

Whilst I were away from the site for a couple of months the people on my friends list seem to have quietened down and a few have left :( could really use the support at the moment I want to lose around 30 lbs but more importantly I want to get fit for when I go volunteer in Nepal in December.

I could really use new friends of any age and size to support and motivate me, and I will try my hardest to return the favour :)

Thanks!!!

Replies

• goalsaregood
    goalsaregood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In the same boat, here! I'll friend you :)
  • heybrit
    heybrit Posts: 140
    Options
    I'll be there for you! (Sorry if you sing that in the theme of the intro for FRIENDS, it was unintentional!)
  • AnAntInSpace
    Options
    Hahaha my brain actually did read it in the friend tune
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    well, you got me. Even when I go over I stay on here. I don't believe in giving up and it irritates me when people do. dust off your fanny and try again. Every day is a new day and all that jazz. I will be here till I meet my goal in an year or so and beyond to maintain, Weight is a life long battle I have been losing for too long!

You will do great and look great. Just set realistic goals and never give up.
  • lunchgirlie
    lunchgirlie Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I got you. Support coming your way!
  • AnAntInSpace
    Options
    Thank you all!!! :D
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey, what are you doing in Nepal?! I've been there 6 times!!

My mom used to say that there are two ways to lose weight in Nepal: the Kathmandu diet (which involves sketchy street food followed by antibiotics and a few miserable days hugging a toilet) and the Everest diet (which involves dragging your butt up the Khumbu: Jiri to Gokyo Ri, or bust!). I prefer the Everest route. Better views.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I guess I was too tired, I didn't sing when I read the one post, and it took me three tries to get it.
  • AnAntInSpace
    Options
    Heyy :) I'll be volunteering in schools and communities and youth clubs etc.
  • anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    is it with a non profit, or a church group, or what? it sounds like so much fun! do you know what part of the country you'll be in?
  • AnAntInSpace
    Options
    It's a development charity.... welll it's under a government scheme called ICS that is managed by 6 different charities , The charity that I'm going with is called Restless Development I had to pass an interview (hardest interview of my life actually haha) . It's aimed at 18-22 year olds because they believe that youths have a lot of energy and potential to make huge changes :) I'm not sure yet hoping to hear more information soon. I'll keep you posted :D . I'm so excited but at the same time really nervous.