hitting my plateau

Options
I think I have hit my plateau and I cannot get over the hump. Last week I dropped 2 lbs but now I have gained it back this week. I am not sure why, because I have not done anything differently.

I eat a yogurt for breakfast with a 90 calorie oatmeal raisin granola bar

I have salad usually about 2 cups with a few sunflower seeds, a few croutons and about 1/4 cup cheese, with fat free french dressing

I have the same meal for dinner (the salad above) with some fruits.

And for a snack before bed, I have a 90 Calorie pack of some sort and another granola bar.

The only thing I drink all day, is bottled water with crystal light to go.

I am working out a a local Curves 3-4 times per week for 45 mins
This usually equals out to the 1200 calories that I am supposed to be eating.

I am just stuck at this weight for quite sometime...any suggestions on how to break this plateau

Thanks

Replies

• jessica_2002
    Options
    I think I have hit my plateau and I cannot get over the hump. Last week I dropped 2 lbs but now I have gained it back this week. I am not sure why, because I have not done anything differently.

I eat a yogurt for breakfast with a 90 calorie oatmeal raisin granola bar

I have salad usually about 2 cups with a few sunflower seeds, a few croutons and about 1/4 cup cheese, with fat free french dressing

I have the same meal for dinner (the salad above) with some fruits.

And for a snack before bed, I have a 90 Calorie pack of some sort and another granola bar.

The only thing I drink all day, is bottled water with crystal light to go.

I am working out a a local Curves 3-4 times per week for 45 mins
    This usually equals out to the 1200 calories that I am supposed to be eating.

I am just stuck at this weight for quite sometime...any suggestions on how to break this plateau

Thanks
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I was told you've got to either change your intensity, speed or duration of your workouts and that 1200 cal. is low for women. I know some people eat extra calories and that helps because in reality they aren't getting enough. I'm testing out this theory now...so we'll see if it works :)
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    how many calories a day are you eating? If its 1200, then you should bump it up to 1400. play around with the numbers and see what works for you. also, you definitely to to up the intensity of your workouts. try adding more water, fruits and veggies to your diet. if all else fails, try "shocking" your system with calories. your body has gotten used to the routine. this means that for one day (one day only) try eating a lot more calories than you usually do, such as maintenance.

hope some of this helped. good luck with breaking the plateau.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not maybe getting enough calories. The less I eat the less I lose. Makes not a bit of sense but it's true in my case. If you are exercising so much you need many more calories than you are getting and it looks like you are not getting much protein to build muscle which burns fat.

Lynnie
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    After not loosing a pound working out for over a year, going to the gym daily doing mostly carido, I got a trainer who in turn help me to build lean muscle which causes you to burn the fat and and maintain the weight lost. Since May of 2007 I have lost 51 pounds which = 5 dress sizes; my Body fat went from over 50% to in the 20's and inches calor! Over all I'm not just smaller...I'm much heathier!!!!

Taylorgirl
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was told you've got to either change your intensity, speed or duration of your workouts and that 1200 cal. is low for women. I know some people eat extra calories and that helps because in reality they aren't getting enough. I'm testing out this theory now...so we'll see if it works :)

I hit my plateau, and finally decided to take a risk and increase my calories and almost immediately lost 2 lbs! It works!