I'm having a hard time quitting energy drinks

Hi guys! My name is Erin and I am having a really heard time quitting energy drinks. I have been sober from alcohol for over 4 years. Food and energy drinks have been my vice. I have gained quite a bit of weight, so I have re-joined MFP app to help with that. However RIP IT energy drinks have a lot of sugar. I tried the sugar free ones, however I can't STAND the taste of artificial sweeteners and the aftertaste. What do other people enjoy drinking!? Anyone else in the same boat? Would love to make new friends who are also trying to kick the energy drink habit!

Replies

• cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    I also don’t drink alcohol and found sugar was also a big replacement for me when I stopped. I drink water, iced green tea and hot decaf tea primarily. I also stopped drinking diet soda and that was difficult so I can relate. I suggest replacing one drink with a substitute (maybe a flavored water or something else healthy) to avoid the caffeine/sugar withdrawal.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 853 Member
    Flavoured water is a God send lol. Haven't had a Ginger Ale in months.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,256 Member
    Good luck! I used to have a bad Pepsi habit. I gradually got down to one can, then half a can a day. Now I drink water and a little green tea. You can try cold turkey or go gradually, whatever works for you. Plus here's an idea - every time you skip the energy drink, put the money you saved into a jar and then promise yourself something special. How many drinks does it take to save fifty bucks? You can do this!

Annie
  • emk914
    emk914 Posts: 5 Member
    You are all so amazing!!! Thank you so so so much for the support!!!