Lazy day meals for one:)

Options
Hubby is working up north for the next few weeks so I'm only making dinner for one. Give me your simplest lazy day meals or dinner ideas since I like to cook as little as possible during the week and am getting sort of bored with rice and lentils and salads:) Thanks!

My dinner for tonight was some kashi go lean cereal with Greek yogurt...so definitely doesn't matter how simple;)

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Haven't been great about keeping up with this december has the most in it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/auntiebabs
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Try googling Hungry Girl recipes. Hers are usually 1 - 4 servings and are really easy to make.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Simplest recipe ever...

Jar of peanut butter
    1 spoon

If ya wanna get fancy, add a glass of milk
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My mother in law gave me this recipe yesterday. I had it for breakfast today, which was at 2:00, and I'm still comfortable from it!

2 small, or 1 large apple (of your choice), cored, and chopped
    1/2 c. quick cooking oats
    1 tbsp packed brown sugar (I used the splenda version)
    1 tbsp splenda, or sugar
    1 tsp butter, or margarine
    optional: chopped nuts of your choice

In a microwaveable bowl, place apple(s). Microwave for 2 minutes. Pull out apples, and add the remainder ingredients. If the mixture seems a little dry, add a little bit of water. Microwave for 1 minute to melt the butter into the brown sugar and spenda/sugar. Be careful, the mixture is HOT. But this turned out to be AMAZING!!!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I eat whole wheat pasta with chicken sausage and spinach a lot (lil garlic and olive oil). I cook a protein (shrimp, chicken, or lean beef or pork loin) on the stove or in the broiler then pop some frozen broccoli in the micro and maybe a single serving of mashed potato flakes (Idahoan is good).
    I always cook and eat for one so I'm not into multiple ingredients and long cooking times. Turkey burgers on the George Foreman. Tacos with leftover meat stuff. Or it's just Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is super simple and takes about 10 minutes to prepare.
    Cut up a couple chicken breast tenderloins toss in a nonstick skillet sprinkle with garlic powder, ground ginger, crushed red peppers and a splash of soy sauce when the chicken is almost done dump in 1/4 to 1/2 a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. Sautee until the veggies are done. You can top it with a little teriyaki sauce when it's all done and you've got a good solid meal fast for under 300 calories.

I'll also just kick on the broiler season up a few of the chicken breast tenderloins and stick them under the broiler while I steam frozen broccoli or brussel sprouts or green beans or whatever's in the freezer. Also takes about 10-15 minutes.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sooooo many good things from Trader Joe's if you've got one near you.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    so I've recently fell in love with 99% lean turkey cutlets. They are high protein, low fat and calories, and an easy meal for 1. You can just put a little dry rub on them and stick them in a pan with some water and cook. Any veggies can be microwave steamed in a microwave save container with a little water on the bottom. Quick easy dinner for 1.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    yogurt w/ fresh fruit
    yogurt w/ crudites - radishes, cucumber, and carrots are my favorite
    yogurt w a few walnuts and 1 tsp-1tb of maple syrup

salad with corn, black beans, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice sprinkled with feta

bed of greens with any combination of the following:

goat cheese
    farmer's cheese
    hummus
    chick peas
    olives
    tomato
    cucumber
    roasted red pepper
    walnuts
    grapes
    apples
    orange segments
    pear
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My husband is gone at least 50% of the time for dinner.

Tops meals
    1. Monday and Tuesday nights usually have salads with a protein that he grills on sunday night. (either chicken, turkey tenderloins, salmon etc.). Also, I will do this with shrimp from the freezer. They take 2-3 minutes under the broiler
    2. Salads with hard boiled eggs
    3. Omlettes
    4. tuna melts
    5. Smoothies.
    6. You already had one of my standards (greek yogurt with cereal)

If my husband is not home I never use more then the broiler or an omlette pan

Good luck
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Quinoa cooked like oatmeal for a hot cereal or cold!
    Add craisons and some smashed nuts- it's delish!

if you eat eggs do a quick ranchero bowl...
    Scrambled eggs cooked with onions and mushrooms, topped with cheese, black beans, avocados, and tomatoes!
    Can also put it on a piece of toast! OR a wrap!

burritos (bean cheese and Smart Life meat!) Top with salad makings!

A salad topped with a black bean burger made by Morningstar! SO DELISH! ANd it's easy! Just top with some salsa and some light sour cream! :)

Kashi frozen meals!

Lettuce cups!
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that you are vegetarian from your profile. lol Probably should specifiy if you are looking for quick vegetarian meals. Though I'm sure you can grab meat substitute equivalents to the suggestions.
  • Thankilates
    Thankilates Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Smoothies
    Green Lemonade or green smoothies
    Nuts bars!
    Steamed veggies over rice or couscous with a bit of BRAGGS aminos and some sesame seeds for calcium! DELISH!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Anymore ideas?

I'm a vegetarian but I just substitute beans or some other substitute for meat:) Oops forgot to mention that originally;)
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my number one is black beans and brown rice
    heat the beans from the can
    the rice is the steamable kind that you pop in the microwave.
    i usually add salsa and a little bit of cheese.
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Simplest recipe ever...

Jar of peanut butter
    1 spoon

and a banana
    I like to stir fry frozen asian veggies and add brown rice or quinoa cooked in chicken stock.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Simplest recipe ever...

Jar of peanut butter
    1 spoon

Yum! My favorite recipe ever!!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    1. eggs on toast
    2. avocado (split in half) on two mini pitas with a slice of bacon (split in half on each pita)
    3. carrots and hummus
    4. banana chopped up in greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of walnuts and a little agave nectar on top
    5. applegate farms chicken sausage wrapped up on a tortilla

those are my top 5 quick meals!
  • KazziaLlewellynn
    KazziaLlewellynn Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Easy!

1. Humus wrap. 1 low cal. wrap, any variety, humus, any variety, 1 quarter of a cucumber, 1 romaine lettuce leaf, roll up!
    2. Use left over romaine and cucumber to make a dinner sized salad. Add tomatoes and I add a dash of vinegar for dressing.
    3. Grilled squash, season with lemon pepper, pop on a George foreman. eat.
    4. Stir Fry, usually I saute the veggies in a little wok I have and some Mrs. Dash.
    5. Open one can of low soduim corn, 1 can rotel, 1 can black beans, drain juice from all of it, saute. I eat it bedded on lettuce