Day 3 and Looking for friends/support.

Options
Hi my name is Jordy I am 23 years old and I am looking to lose at least a hundred pounds if not more. I am making a goal to lose weight because I watched my father pass away at a young age and my mother suffers from diabetes type 2 and has been told many times if she doesn't watch what she eats she will soon pass away also I am at the point in life that I want to settle down and have kids and have been told by doctors that I will not be able to concieve if I do not lose the weight. I want to watch my kids grow up and not have to worry about losing me at a young age as I have worried about my mother so much here lately. So I am looking for friends to help keep me motivated so add me if you want. :)

Replies

• darkcowboy
    darkcowboy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck
    feel free to friend me
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jordy! Best wishes to you on your journey. I've found this site to be quite useful - hopefully you will as well. :flowerforyou:
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club good luck on your journey
  • karenede
    Options
    Good for you for taking charge of your life! Feel free to friend me.
  • newton2
    newton2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    good luck. I also lost weight to have children but now need to lose atleast a 100 . Just stay with it everyday we are given a chance to do better. I am 44 it is much easier to lose in your twentys.
  • mcgrann88
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone I didn't even think I would have a view this fast.

Anyone Know the best tips for beating a caffeine headache, since I quit drinking soda 3 days ago also?
  • bhealthy2012
    Options
    Jordy, good for you starting on the journey to a healthier life, after all that is what it's all about. I have a really good friend going through the same thing as you are so make your goals one small step at a time so they are achievable. I love this site as you can really see how much you are eating. So just put it all in there, some days good and some are harder. Good luck...
  • mcgrann88
    Options
    Thank you, its not all about having kids I still want to have a lil bit of time being skinny before I do that anyways plus the boyfriend still hasn't asked me to marry him.. lol I have always been a heftier girl and I don't want to die young.
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • sundaycormier
    sundaycormier Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, your on the right track. I also have many family members with type 2 diabetes. I do not, however, it is in my future if i dont get things in order. I bought myself a diabetic magazine and have decided to try to follow it as a preventative measure. I joined a gym and got a personal trainer. he is killing me. im so sore all the time. but i feel good at the same time. Im down 8 lbs as of today I started really paying attention to my diet and exercising quite rigorously on August 31, 11. I have to lose at least 50 more maybe 60. One thing I have learned recently and really does seem to be working is to eat small meals thru out the day. for an example you have to eat something first thing in the am. about 90 to 200 calories. then in about 2 hours eat another 100 to 200
    then maybe about 500 for lunch and couble hours later eat another 100 t0 150 then dinner about 500 again and an other snack of 100 to 200. That should keep you at 1200. idk what you weigh but that is my goal. actually 1600 with exercise. good luck you are not in this alone. Sunday Also, If you keep away from processed foods and empty calories, its not as hard to stay on track. healthy foods have less calories so you get to eat more. also, when you are eating good food you feel better and more energetic for exercise and such. You could safely be at your goal by next year at this time. Just think about how much more fun next summer will be when your thinner and healthier. im long winded. one more thing to think about. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.