"Lead me not into temptation" Today's NSV!

Options
lms32164
lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
Today was a lovely fall day here in Maine and it was the perfect day for my Mom and I to take a lovely ride a "Reny's" store to find us some pumpkin for our stock for fall and winter. We both enjoyed the ride AND each other's company as well as finding us a stash of that lovely orange fruit! Just to start with I know my Mom loves me and we grew up with that old saying "nothing says lovin' like something from the oven?" I know in my heart that my Mom would never try to sabotage me. During our time together today between Reney's, stopping into a little deli for a drink and a stop into a nature food store I was offered a candy bar, a pastry and a whole made loaf of bread. All of which used to be a trigger for me on site and could still be at the wrong time. Well today, I was as strong as a mountain lion and I held my ground by politely saying each time "no thanks!" with a loving smile on my face. I just wanted to share with you all that today I had a wonderful NSV and I had to tell someone before I burst with happiness!!:blushing:

Replies

• Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Goo for you girl! :high five::drinker:
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I can totally relate- my family is the same!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Isn't this the greatest VICTORY- saying NO because you CAN?!
    that's when you realize you're WINNING the battle.

Rejoicing w/ you!
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I struggle with something similar every Friday when my (tiny) manager brings in cakes, choc and biscuits for the team!

It's hard to do a friendly smile when thinking distinctly unfriendly thoughts!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    great job! your willpower muscle just got stronger! :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Well done!

I struggle with something similar every Friday when my (tiny) manager brings in cakes, choc and biscuits for the team!

that's when you use the line, "geesh, WHOSE side are you workin' for?"- haha- makes them think anyhow.
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Yay for not giving in! Stay strong! :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Isn't this the greatest VICTORY- saying NO because you CAN?!
    that's when you realize you're WINNING the battle.

Rejoicing w/ you!
    ^^^This. Who knew we could be this strong. Don't you feel just a little bit prouder every time you do this? Esp. when you REALLY love it? For a while I stayed away from things like Coke. I turned the channel at commercials, looked the other way when others drank it near me. Now, no big deal. I'm busy getting healthy here!!!!
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well done!

that's when you use the line, "geesh, WHOSE side are you workin' for?"- haha- makes them think anyhow.

I know - boo! My line is, "Oh thank you, but no - you know I'm trying to stay away from sugar."
    Plus it's only going to make everyone really inefficient when the inevitable sugar come down kicks in.
  • doriekaye
    doriekaye Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job staying strong!!
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Now that is a GREAT victory! And a sure way to know that you'll go far and can make it all the way! It's not about "will power" -- it's about understanding the consequences of saying yes to things and yes to excuses to let into your life. And realizing that you're really not "missing out" on the fun --- there are other yummy healthy treats to eat that won't leave you feeling bad about yourself or guilty. The only thing you'll be "missing" are those unwanted pounds!
    Good for you! You are a whole lot stronger than you think you are! Happy for you!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I would've survived so well - this is an impressive NSV. Congrats!! :drinker:
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    It is so awesome to recognize our own strength! Great NSV for you!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic!!!! So proud of you my friend. Great start to this week!
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have well-meaning relatives that like to feed me. And I like to eat. But I'm trying to be a healthier me and not eat just anything! I'm so proud of you!
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nicely done. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!