Falling in love

Options
:blushing: :heart: Okay, so I have always wanted to ask. Maybe some of you know. Why, when I "fall in love", do I lose weight? When I am excited about someone in my life, my weight always decreases. Even when I am super thin. I have tried to get this feeling of "fullness" from meditation,exercise, etc. It seems that only love works! I am sure it's the seratonin (educated guess!) yet there must be some healthy way to get that going without the love....:blushing: :heart:

Replies

• angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :blushing: :heart: Okay, so I have always wanted to ask. Maybe some of you know. Why, when I "fall in love", do I lose weight? When I am excited about someone in my life, my weight always decreases. Even when I am super thin. I have tried to get this feeling of "fullness" from meditation,exercise, etc. It seems that only love works! I am sure it's the seratonin (educated guess!) yet there must be some healthy way to get that going without the love....:blushing: :heart:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite! I get fat when I'm in a relationship and drop pounds like it's going outta style when we break up! :laugh:

I joke with my BF that he should break up with me so I can lose the 15 pounds quick with no problems! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I used to lose weight when I fell for a new guy. I have been steadily gaining since I married my husband............hmmmmmm leads to wondering:laugh: :laugh:

I really do think there is a biological reason for the phenomonon. I will have to look it up tomorrow!!

:flowerforyou:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite! I get fat when I'm in a relationship and drop pounds like it's going outta style when we break up! :laugh:

I joke with my BF that he should break up with me so I can lose the 15 pounds quick with no problems! :bigsmile:

ME TOO! :laugh:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options

ME TOO! :laugh:

Except for right now...I'm happily married :love:
    Although my hubby and I are doing this together which is sooooo fun! We went to the gym on valentine's day and it was actually romantic!
  • mssaipho
    mssaipho Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe when you fall in love, you are more happy.

Happy = More laughter = burning more calories
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    mssaipho--I really never thought about that. I always thought it was chemistry yet you may be right...I may have to look this up myself....:heart::smile:
  • Wolf843
    Wolf843 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think mssaipho's idea is my favorite theory!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

lol- love makes your comfortable -

I always lose weight when my husband deploys then when he comes home I gain weight- Well this time I dropped alot of weight and gained 9-10lbs when he came home but caught it before all my hard work went down the drain and lost it- and had to realize I can't eat like him and that I have to be active (when he is gone I am super busy and running around so I become more active)--
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options

I always lose weight when my husband deploys then when he comes home I gain weight- Well this time I dropped alot of weight and gained 9-10lbs when he came home but caught it before all my hard work went down the drain and lost it- and had to realize I can't eat like him and that I have to be active (when he is gone I am super busy and running around so I become more active)--

I agree with mrsyac2 This deployment has kept me busy and I know when my husband is home to resume his part of our life I will start to fell back into my do nothing life.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

I agree with mrsyac2 This deployment has kept me busy and I know when my husband is home to resume his part of our life I will start to fell back into my do nothing life.

If you know when he comes home you will fall back into your old ways it is your responsibility to not let that happen-- As soon as the scale went up I kicked into action-- I refuse to be fat-

You can stay in shape when your husband is home-