What to eat?

Options
I'm trying to expand the things that I eat. Everyday I eat the same things . I'm just coming back from being not on the site for about 2months and I'm looking for different things to eat in addition to what I already eat. I need protein and vegetable ideas. I already eat: Chobani, cottage cheese, nuts (100 cal packs), tuna, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese sticks... I have been speratically(sp?) back on track in the last few weeks but I am starting fresh this week. Including starting my running again tomorrow. Help! Just looking for some suggestions. My diary is open to anyone.

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    protein: eggs. chicken breasts, pork chops
    veggies: spinach, kale, brocolli

you can buy frozen veggies which can store for a long time, and are quick and simple to prepare
  • juberry
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tofu, brown rice, turkey, fish. Do you have access to Costco or Trader Joe's? They have some goodies: Costco has Bruce Aidell chicken apple sausages that are about 160 calories; it's a large hotdog. Trader Joe's has tons of frozen entrees that are low in calories (and some that aren't but they're all clearly labeled) and a great variety of frozen fish.

This is a fun problem to have. Good luck!

Julie
  • danewton
    danewton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have gotten hooked on fresh spinach and strawberry salad! I use a whole serving of baby spinach leaves, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, 2 Tbsp reduced feta cheese, 2 Tbsp soy nuts, and 1 1/2 Tbsp fat free red wine viniagrette dressing. Very yummy and filling! You can change the amounts to what you want for a good mixture for your taste buds!
  • Silvercivic
    Silvercivic Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have Kashi go lean crunch! with my yogurt- it is yummy and has protein and other good for you stuff.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for vegie receipe's check the link on my signature
  • Mari3lly
    Options
    thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it :D
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has yummy Roast Chicken Breast patties.

Theres a million things you can do with Ground Chicken Breast. I make soups, stir frys, chicken burgers, and tacos with it.

Also pork tenderloin is as lean as chicken breast and is excellent roasted or in the crock pot.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a batch of Bacon Egg & Cheese muffins in the oven right now. Low on carbs, high in protein.

http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffin

Also, on that website... www./wholelifestylenutrition.com has a lot of other recipes. This woman is a genius at adapting "traditional" recipes to something healthier.

God bless!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have a batch of Bacon Egg & Cheese muffins in the oven right now. Low on carbs, high in protein.

http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/recipes/bacon-egg-and-cheese-muffin

Also, on that website... www./wholelifestylenutrition.com has a lot of other recipes. This woman is a genius at adapting "traditional" recipes to something healthier.

God bless!

Wow looks and sounds yummy!! Thanks for sharing the site I can't wait to look more through it :)
  • austepants
    Options
    If you are looking for vegie receipe's check the link on my signature

Thanks these look yummy too!! :)
  • austepants
    Options
    I have been meaning to get to Trader Joes to see what I could get there to eat I guess I will have to go soon. I also tend to gravitate towards carbs and I need help getting away from too many of those.
  • austepants
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, tofu, brown rice, turkey, fish. Do you have access to Costco or Trader Joe's? They have some goodies: Costco has Bruce Aidell chicken apple sausages that are about 160 calories; it's a large hotdog. Trader Joe's has tons of frozen entrees that are low in calories (and some that aren't but they're all clearly labeled) and a great variety of frozen fish.

This is a fun problem to have. Good luck!

Julie

The apple sausages sound really yummy I will have to check those out!