2.5 pounds down! I'm a new woman!

Options

wlmbn1cptlvs.jpg

I joined MFP in December 2014 at 237.8 pounds. I was at a wellness low point. Chronic headaches, irregular cycle, infertility issues, I was depressed, an alcoholic and avoided movement like the plague.

That winter I began cycling 90 minutes a day 6 days a week and carefully consuming 1200 calories a day, I bought a kitchen scale and was precise. I quickly shed 75 pounds.

Since reaching my lowest weight in the fall of 2015 I've been on and off (mostly off) MFP through a divorce, a new marriage and 2 pregnancies.

Once all is said and done I have lost 2.5 pounds since December 2014!

okay, sometimes if you don't laugh you'll cry.

Here I am again.

gtakj5ggc1wv.jpg

On the upside despite being fat I am in nearly the best health of my adult life. I've learned that weight is only one factor in wellness, and certainly not the most important one. So, hurray! Wish me luck.

Replies

• Prettyeyes46
    Prettyeyes46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We can do this ladies. I'm with you also.
  • LostOnABeerRun
    LostOnABeerRun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! This is great! keep it up!!!!
  • ldeeldn
    ldeeldn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lol. I feel you. I'm in excellent shape but I'm still about as heavy as I've every been. My motivation is how much better shape I could be in if I wasn't lugging an extra 70lb around. My horses will thank me to!
  • 1FreeLiving
    1FreeLiving Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Remember weight loss is a constant battle of will power so keep fighting the fight! ;)
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    This is life, right? You're livng it. Keep going!
  • lessjess22
    lessjess22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Right there with you friend. Historically, I'm great at losing weight but not keeping it off. This time, I'm aiming more towards developing healthy lifelong habits than pursuing a certain number on the scale. I likely will never be "thin" as I love food too much and the work involved in maintaining such a low weight is more than I want to do, but I still want to be fit and healthy. Be proud of the changes you have made, even if there wasn't a big weight change. Any step forward is progress.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Starting over - recommitting, but not giving up!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    you just look like you're gonna say something sassy to whoever is holding the camera :) great work!
  • croland4282
    croland4282 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also restarting and need to get on board with your positivity!! Love the body your in for the moment your in it!!
  • lovnlaughter
    lovnlaughter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    After all those life changes, it sounds like you're doing pretty good! Like you, I'm starting over. I got an Occulus (VR headset) and it has a program called Supernatural Flow. It's the best exercise program I've ever tried. It feels like a game so I don't mind it at all! They have a FB page where you can see images of the workouts. It's a blast!
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    LUCK! You've got this, you've to the right mindset!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!