Hoping for a new life

Options
:This is my first day on MFP I learned about it from my Aunt, my cousin lost 60 lbs in 1 year with this program. I am excited to meet people making the same journey as I am. So Hello to everyone! Let':s get this party started!!!!!!:tongue:

Replies

• My first day too. Only one more day to go, when we take it one day at a time.
    We can do it!! We are worth it!!!
  • oliveoil
    oliveoil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow, your Aunt lost 60 pounds. That's wonderful. I hope I can do half as good. I have tried this before, but have not been very honest with myself, and I didn't log in each day. I hope I can lose slow but steady so I can see some good results. I am a size 22 and growing, I too am a stress eater, and will eat a whole bag of chips if given the chance. I am 61 years old, and want to get healthier.
  • oliveoil
    Options
    Well it has been several months now, and have just started to log my food again.Since the last time I chatted, I have gained even more and up another size. I have been logging all this week, and it is surprising to me, how fast the calories count up. Last time I wrote I wasn't being completely honest but this time I am trying to be brutally honest with myself. It is a life style change and won't happen over night, so I can't expect it to come off over night either.
    Does anyone have any exercises I can do ? I had complete knee surgery and can;t kneel down, or squat or lunge so I am trying to think of others ways to get the same effect besides walking. Well that's about it for now, I am getting ready to set up for a craft sale . Talk again soon.
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck I lost 45lbs can't get past that mark for some reason up down it's crazy! I lost the first weight on weight watchers then started to gain it back and joined here. I'm all about the little goals to first get back to 45lb gone then 50 then I have another 50 to go after that so just looking for some support and new friends.
  • SarahRDanaher
    SarahRDanaher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It is my first day too! My cousin, Paige, lost 30 lbs on this website! I am so glad you can eat what you want and not be restricted to certain foods. I'm looking to tone muscle.
  • oliveoil
    Options
    I just got done logging everything I consumed today, and went over again! I was working at a craft sale, and they just had junk food to eat and tonight celebrated birthdays. Tomorrow is a new day, and will do better. Don't get discouraged if you can't lose the 45 pounds right away, you have probably just plateaued and that's why. I will be happy when I see 10 pounds off, it will give me extra incentive. I am a junk food eater, have any good ideas to help me get over eating chips or to take the place of chips? Will check in tomorrow.
  • oliveoil
    Options
    It has been a week now since I have been logging my food, and I stepped on the scale only once and much to my surprise I was down a pound. That gave me a little more incentive to keep it up. I weigh again this Tuesday so we will see how it goes.
    Does anyone know how to put in your own recipes? I have a few that I would like to put into my box, and have this website figure out the nutrition value and portion size.
    Today is another beautiful day , sun is shining and I am very grateful.
    I am getting ready for the long weekend, so won't chat long, but if anyone out there can answer my question about inputing my own recipe's I sure would appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.
  • oliveoil
    Options
    Today is Memorial Day, and all weekend I have not been good, so now that things have settled down with family and birthdays, I am hoping to get back on track. We had a family birthday party yesterday, and I ate my first grilled brat. Yum! Was it good! Then I went back for a 2nd one. Shame on me. So today it is back to the grindstone of watching what I stick into my mouth. Tomorrow is the day I weigh in, and I am not expecting to lose but will be pleasantly surprised if i lose anything at all. Well must go for now, not too much to say today.