Fruit Allergy

Options
I am allergic to fruit and Im wondering if anyone has any subsitute ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There's lots of veggies that make great snacks if this is what you are looking for:
    cherry tomatoes (or are they a fruit?), celery, carrot, raw cauliflower, snow peas, lightly steamed green beans or broccoli.
    Add some hommus and you have a yummy snack.

But really, if it is a serious allergy, you would be better getting advice from your health professionals as to what is safe to eat.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Which fruits are you allergic to?
  • YourHoochieMama
    Options
    I have the same allergy but to vegetables as well. Mine applies to fresh fruit, vegetables & nuts. I can eat processed/canned fruits & veggies but for years have just craved fresh fruit. Depends on how severe your allergy is (my throat will swell shut) but heat processes will help reduce or stop a reaction. I learned that you can microwave fresh fruit & then eat it. It sounds gross to most people but it worked for me. I microwave my apples ( a large one for 32secs) & then put it back in the refrigerator. It obviously doesn't taste exactly the same but it's better than not getting to eat them at all. Of course the 1st time I did this I had my epi pen ready & a benedryl. My biggest concern has been not being able to get the nutrients I need from my food intake. As a result I doubled my multivitamin & have been feeling awesome. Hope this helps. Good luck:smile:
  • sasybaby00
    Options
    I am allergic to fresh fruit....my mouth swells up and itches, I may just try the microwave trick. I noticed if I suck on a mint afterwards it helps but I dont always have one on hand. I would like to get the nutrients from the fruit plus I have been craving it like crazy lately.