Total Lifestyle Challenge 6

Options
dhaught3
dhaught3 Posts: 186 Member
Would you like to join a challenge that will help you live your ideal life? Do you want a challenge that is focused on more than just the numbers on the scale? Are you willing to commit to establishing healthy habits in the following areas of your life: nutrition, exercise, hydration, sleep, and a touch of self-reflection? Then let’s get started together!

This will be a 21-day recurring challenge, with a 7-day break between each new challenge.

This group will be about more than support. We will do that, of course, but we will also go the extra mile and provide discipline and accountability for one another.

THE RULES:

You will be trying to get as close to 100 points each day as you can. Perfection is not expected, but we’ll also celebrate a “perfect” score whenever it happens! Points are allocated as follows:

Staying within your calorie goal: 30
Eat breakfast/lunch/dinner: 3
Eat at least 5 servings of vegetables or fruits: 7
*No junk food or food not on your preferred eating plan: 3
Log everything you eat and drink: 3
Drink 64 oz. of water or 1/3 your body weight in oz. (whichever is more): 15
^Exercise at least 30 min.: 15
Spend at least 10 minutes strength training: 5
Spend at least 5 minutes in flexibility exercise: 5
Each additional 15 minutes of exercise: 1 (up to 4 additional points)
Getting at least 7 hours of sleep: 3
+Each additional half hour: 1 (up to 2 additional points)
Daily journal or reflection: 5

*You may have 1 indulgence per week and still receive 3 points. For instance, if you are on an eating plan that does not allow alcohol, you may have one glass of wine and still receive your points. Only 1 serving of the indulgence food per week, for your own sake!

^You may take 1 rest day per week and still receive 25 points (for base exercise of 30 minutes, plus strength and flexibility points—you’ll just fill in the points sheet as if you’d earned those points through exercise).

+For each 5 consecutive day period you log at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep, you earn a bonus night, allowing you to get less than 7 hours and still take the full 5 sleep points (as if you slept 8 hours!).

If you score 90 or higher for 9 consecutive days, you receive a free day of your choosing! You can give yourself a 100 no matter what! So you can earn up to 2 of these each challenge period.

You will also have 2 “Free Pass” days each challenge to use for illness, travel, emergencies, etc. You may take 50 points for each Free Pass day.

We’ll have a Google doc for you to post daily, and we’ll also expect daily posting on the private group challenge thread with at least a quick recap of your day in health.

Above all, be honest—because you’ll only be cheating yourself if you’re not. This is 100% honor system.

So…are you ready to create a better lifestyle?

Comment below if you’re in! We’ll kick off our next challenge period on Monday, June 13. After you comment, I will send you an invitation to the private group.

I invite you to join even if we’ve already started. You may not get as many points, but it’s great if you want to jump in where you are and start building healthy habits.

Replies

• dhaught3
    Options
    @teresamerritt @fourathomej @ChristiCare @UberAya and anyone else who joined us in our last rounds—yes, I am back from surgery, and yes, I intend to keep going after that hiccup! Please plan to join me, starting next Monday! Invite friends and anyone else I may have forgotten in my long absence!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,242 Member
    Options
    Sorry was on vacay. Link to group? Miss you all :D
  • dhaught3
    Options
    Sorry was on vacay. Link to group? Miss you all :D

I will set it up later this week for a Monday, June 13 start. Glad you’ll be joining again!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @dhaught3 Glad your back and doing it :D
  • shelly0078
    shelly0078 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Would love to join! I'm in need of some serious motivation right now.
  • dhaught3
    Options
    shelly0078 wrote: »
    Would love to join! I'm in need of some serious motivation right now.
    We would love to have you! I will add you to the group after I create it.

• dhaught3
    Options
    We would LOVE to have new members join us this round. We’ve only been going since the beginning of the year and are a small group committed to healthy habits and mutual support. If you’re looking for a magic bullet for weight loss and getting healthier, well, it may not exist, but I am sure you will lose and get healthier on this challenge if you commit. It’s not easy, but it gets results!
  • fourathomej
    Options
    @dhaught3 are we still starting tomorrow ?
  • dhaught3
    Options
    @dhaught3 are we still starting tomorrow ?
    I am setting all the chats up this morning, along with the Google doc, so YES! Meant to get to it yesterday, but had to binge Downton Abbey before seeing the new movie last night. Oops. :smile:

• fourathomej
    Options
  • Amanda807W
    Amanda807W Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 859 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    My first day will be tomorrow. Journal started with the points and what I need to accomplish for a healthier lifestyle. Honestly I’ve been failing in all areas. Calorie goal set - 1800. 2000 treat exception day. 64oz water goal. Found this challenge a day late. I scored 8 points -sleep and journal today without this challenge 😔. Be kind to your bodies challengers. Looking forward to your posts for motivation.
    @dhaught3 -if I’m in wrong place guide me. Thanks
  • dhaught3
    Options
    @energyseeker and @Amanda807W I will send you invites to the private group, where hopefully everything will be explained well! Glad you’re joining us!
  • teresamerritt
    teresamerritt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Please send me the link, Thanks