I am not loosing weight since 4 weeks

Options
Hi;

I've been dieting since few months now, and my weight loss is really slow or sometimes not working at all, even though Im doing at least a 700kcal deficit calories daily and training 5 times + cardio 3 days a week.

My current diet look like this: o9nie53h6ivp.png

any thought?

Replies

• FunkmasterRex
    FunkmasterRex Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Give it time. Maybe try a smaller deficit to allow your body to replenish instead of retaining everything in a reaction to you starving your body.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    malikbrixi wrote: »
    Hi;

I've been dieting since few months now, and my weight loss is really slow or sometimes not working at all, even though Im doing at least a 700kcal deficit calories daily and training 5 times + cardio 3 days a week.

any thought?

How are you calculating your calorie needs? Depending on your stats (gender, age) you may be eating too many calories.... if you're only doing cardio 3 days a week, unless you're doing a few hours of serious cardio on each of those days, 2000 calories seems a bit high. And if 2000 calories is you eating at a 700 calorie deficit, that would mean your maintenence calories are around 2700- which seems pretty high unless you're a fairly serious athlete.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    Where did this 2020 kcal goal come from? Did MFP calculate it for you? If so, based on which settings and personal stats?
    And do you eat back exercise calories?

Your protein goal seems very high (40%), did you set this goal yourself?

How are you determining your food intake: weighing your foods, choosing your food database entries carefully?
  • malikbrixi
    malikbrixi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »
    Hi;

any thought?

How are you calculating your calorie needs? Depending on your stats (gender, age) you may be eating too many calories.... if you're only doing cardio 3 days a week, unless you're doing a few hours of serious cardio on each of those days, 2000 calories seems a bit high. And if 2000 calories is you eating at a 700 calorie deficit, that would mean your maintenence calories are around 2700- which seems pretty high unless you're a fairly serious athlete.

I basically calculted it from this website

I am doing 3 days interval training cardio + 1 long run, and I train really hard as well.
  • malikbrixi
    malikbrixi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Where did this 2020 kcal goal come from? Did MFP calculate it for you? If so, based on which settings and personal stats?
    And do you eat back exercise calories?

Your protein goal seems very high (40%), did you set this goal yourself?

How are you determining your food intake: weighing your foods, choosing your food database entries carefully?

I set this objective by myself after testing different levels of Kcal intake.
    Protein are higher because I want to prioritize fat loss and muscle gain, and my body can support low carb diet pretty well.

Ofc I weight my food and eat similar things all week
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Looks like you really don't have much to lose, which explains why you would be lising extremely slowly if at all. How active are you outside of the exercise? If you're not very active outside of exercise, then you may be slightly overeating 4 days out of the week (keep in mind strength training barely burns any extra calories). This would explain why you're not losing.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,121 Member
    Options
    Hi;

any thought?

I am doing 3 days interval training cardio + 1 long run, and I train really hard as well.

That TDEE calculator is very basic in its activity level settings.
    Perhaps try this one?
    https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
    Regardless, both are estimations based on population averages, so real life results may vary.
    Also, strength training doesn't burn a lot of calories. Interval training perhaps not as much as you think either, depending on what you're doing precisely. (though both can give artificially high calorie burn numbers when using a HRM.)

If little to no progress means 0 to 1kg lost over those 4 weeks, you may just need to eat a little less. Or, alternatively, have you noticed an increase in muscle mass and definition, despite the scale barely moving? If so, you may be doing 'recomposition' and perhaps the number on the scale is less important (depending on what your goal is)?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi;

any thought?

I don't know about you, but for my stats, that site calculates what I consider to be (very) unnecessarily high amounts of protein, in the context of any rational research I've seen. (For the benefit of others who may not want to visit it to see their calculations: For me the least protein it suggests - whether I pick maintenance, cutting, or bulking as a goal - is more than 1g per pound of bodyweight (2.3g per kg), and goes up to 2.2 grams per pound of bodyweight (4.8g per kg). I think this is happening because it's just applying percentages to the calorie goal, which is not (IMO) a great way to go at it. (I set myself as high exercise, and that produces a close-to-realistic calorie goal for me, FWIW.)

OP, if you like eating large amounts of protein, maybe that's fine. Super-excessive amounts can be risky for long-term health, maybe, but I doubt you're in a risk zone at 200g (which is 2.3g per kg of your current weight, 1.1g per pound, probably a bit above strictly necessary, but not unreasonable). (I'm assuming the stats on the calculator page you linked are yours, i.e., male, age 23, 181 cm (5'11") tall, 84 kg (185 lb) current weight.)

Alternate (better) source of research-based protein advice:

https://examine.com/nutrition/protein-intake-calculator/
    https://examine.com/guides/protein-intake/

For the stats from the calculator page you linked, it suggests values from 101 to 202g per day, depending on your current goals and whether you want to eat a recommended level or "may produce additional benefit based on limited evidence".

ETA: I agree with sijomial that Sailrabbit is a better (more nuanced) calorie estimator. Still an estimate, though.
  • BeYourBestSelfDeb
    BeYourBestSelfDeb Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with your diet. If you have very little to lose it may take a little time. With you having a deficit that too could be holding you back along with your exercise regimen.
    Remember you have to eat to lose. Took me a long time to wrap my head around that sentence but it’s true. If you restrict your diet your body will think it’s starving so you need to eat your daily allowance.
    Drink 8 glasses of water a day. I drink ice cold water and have no problem getting my water in throughout the day.
    It’s the little things you do that bring lasting results. Don’t give up you will get there. Just think how far you have come and how hard you have worked. Best wishes ❤️
  • mikefm101
    mikefm101 Posts: 10 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    In April I was stuck at 193 +/- 1 lb for three or four weeks after losing my first 6 lbs.

Drove me bananas seeing the same thing every morning.

Eventually the weight started coming down again.

Been at this for 12 weeks now and I have averaged 1lb per week over that time but definitely not lost 1lb each week.

Mike
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    The TDEE calculator you used tells me to eat at a calorie level I would surely gain at. It was 400 calories over what maintenance calories are. Try the Sailrabbit calculator-it’s much more detailed.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    do you weigh and log everything you eat? did you make sure to check each food entry for accuracy before adding it the first time?

many of the food entries here are over, under or way over. i recently ran across one that said it was 0 calories and 0 carbs, but while it is a low calorie food, it's still got calories. a couple years ago, a guy here used to log and eat multiple servings of potato salad each day. he chose an entry from the database that was like was under by over 100 calories per serving, so he was eating 250 to over 400 calories more than he thought every day.