Activity level per day

Options
Hello I average 15000 steps Per day and am wondering what to set my activity level to ? When I put sedentary and my Apple Watch calculates 15000 steps Mfp gives me 25
Calories for that lol

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Very active
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Hello I average 15000 steps Per day and am wondering what to set my activity level to ? When I put sedentary and my Apple Watch calculates 15000 steps Mfp gives me 25
    Calories for that lol

Anything over 10K is active to very active. Sedentary is less than 3K steps per day...literally barely moving during the day.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Very active.

Apple and MFP don't play well together.
  • deannasawyer
    deannasawyer Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Calories for that lol

Anything over 10K is active to very active. Sedentary is less than 3K steps per day...literally barely moving during the day.

3k is not barely moving. I understand it counts as sedentary, but that's almost a half hour walking at a good clip. I can spend all day doing chores around the house and not hit that by virtue of the fact that it doesn't take far to get from point A to point B. I work as quality manager in a factory and I can head from my desk in the office out to the opposite end of the shop floor and it's only 300 steps.

But yes, OP, I'd put active and see how that goes. Depending on the intensity with which you take those steps (and how many of them are actually steps -- sometimes trackers are weird) you may need to adjust up or down.