eat it back for real?

Options
My daily goal is 1770 cal. I normally go to the gym twice a day and burn 1000-1200 calories a day, that is almost 3000 cal for a day. Unless i eat burger king or some other fast food i have a pretty hard time taking in that many calories. Any body have the same issue?

Replies

• DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually eat back half of the calories I burn. Seems to be working.
  • kajones2009
    kajones2009 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Have a protein bar. They are packed with all sorts of good stuff, and they tend to be fairly high calories.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    whenever I burn a ton of calories I treat myself to added peanut butter in my shakes or on a banana or apple :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • You don't HAVE to eat back all of those calories. One of the female biggest losers worked out 5 to 8 hours a day and only ate 1200 calories a day. As long as you're eating every three hours to keep your metabolism up, you shouldn't have to eat all those calories back- ESPECIALLY not from Burger King!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    what the heck are you doing to burn that many calories...even on my marathon training long run days i dont even go over 2000

peanut butter and nutella are staples on hard work out days!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1770 cal. I normally go to the gym twice a day and burn 1000-1200 calories a day, that is almost 3000 cal for a day. Unless i eat burger king or some other fast food i have a pretty hard time taking in that many calories. Any body have the same issue?
    Then eat a burger.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It is a BIG issue for me, too. My solution.... (gulp).... work-out less.

I'm sure that you can buy high calorie bars or shakes... I mean, a boxer in training burns 7000 calories a day!.... what do they eat???... some of them have to gain weight.... so I know there's something out there to supplement without going to burger king. I would check the vitamin shops in your area.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    You don't HAVE to eat back all of those calories. One of the female biggest losers worked out 5 to 8 hours a day and only ate 1200 calories a day. As long as you're eating every three hours to keep your metabolism up, you shouldn't have to eat all those calories back- ESPECIALLY not from Burger King!
    What they don't tell you is that out of 200+ contestants on the show, only 20 have kept the weight off. Even the "good" ones have gained back 20lb or more.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    You are a man. You don't want to lose muscle, do you? I'd suggest eating most of them back and seeing what happens. I don't have a problem eating 2500 calories a day and wouldn't have a problem eating 3000 and I am a woman.
  • zta1989
    zta1989 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't think that you need to eat back all of the calories that you burn, but you definitely need to eat them because your body needs the fuel. I remember hearing that Michael Phelps eats like 12,000 calories a day when he's training.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I try to eat back some of my calories, but I also try to not use them as an excuse to eat crappy food. I've started to notice on the days that I do fill those calories with fast food, my workout the next day suffers.
    There are plenty of healthy calories you can fill up on, like peanut butter, nuts, milk, or even an extra helping of grilled chicken breast. I did stop worrying about having extra calories though, and that works for me. I'm starting to get in tune enough with my body to know when I need to eat a bit more, and you'll get there too. Just try to look at your food as fuel for your next workout, it helps make better choices.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're really burning that much? Are you wearing an HRM or using the guesses on MFP?

I would try and eat at least half of your exercise back... put in some protein shakes or something during your workouts if you're going twice a day.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    And remember, the Biggest Loser contestants are all very obese. Their diets go by somewhat different rules and can endure more of a calorie deficit because they already have so much stored energy.
  • Hnter76
    Hnter76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use a Polar FT7 so I assume thats pretty close to right. i suppose maybe some nutbutter maybe a energy/protein bar could help. Right now it just feels like all i do is work out and eat and and eat and eat.lol
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You seriously burn that much? Is going to the gym that often SUSTAINABLE....??? What if you injur yourself? Does your body get time to rest and recover? Is it just me that thinks this is absurd???
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options

My daily is 1200..and I also burn around that much if I do 2 classes a day..which is my Strength training/ cardio classes..R.I.P.P.E.D. and Zumba..haha..anyhow..depending on the time of my workouts I spread out as much as possible my cals..to balance them out.. You just have to know your workout schedule and how many cals you burn for that day..and if you are going to class for sure that day.. I have a hard time setting my schedule as I have teens and a little one..

But yes, Protein bars, Protein shakes, nuts, can add your cals back in..I try not to eat out..but if I have that time that I am going to eat something super heavy..its got to be around breakfast or lunch..as it is easier to burn off during the day, than at night for dinner and such..

Eating your calories back is hard for a lot of us..it just takes time to get there..like a habit..it takes time..Hopefully this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • Hnter76
    Hnter76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    spin class, cybex, kickboxing, or somet ype of cardio in the A.M. 3 days a week. 2-3 muscle groups in the P.M.

then visa versa monday and thursday