Options
Hi Ya'll! I'm Tammy and I need to lose 100 pounds! I quit smoking in 2015 and gained an obscene about of weight. I finally went to a diet Dr. and am on track to lose some weight. I have given up the soda, although I do indulge once in a while, maybe half a can. I've been drinking water. I'm not active at my job, but that's what the gym is for right? Anyhow, I'm happy to use this app and can't wait to see what the morrow brings us all!

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I hope you do fantastic.

One thing I found that I really enjoy is having club soda with sugar free flavors added. I buy a lot of flavors from www.skinnymixes.com and add it to water, tea, club soda, sparkling water, coffee, etc and it makes a huge difference when I crave something. I keep bottles of club soda or plain sparkling water and a pitcher of unsweetened tea in the fridge then add whatever flavor appeals to me and that gives me TONS of choices without any sugar or caffiene unless I want those things.
  • AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and the community Tammy.
    Great work on your journey so far, although changes can be tough, it’s so great to feel the progress as time goes on and it sounds like you’re already on the right track to seeing that progress.

As Pamperedlinny says, maybe see about switching to a sugar free alternative for the soda - it’s a small change that allows you to keep enjoying the things you enjoy and work it around a new lifestyle.

Wishing you the very best on your path to a healthier and happier you!