Looking for an Accountability Partner

Options
2»

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Whew great recommendation from an accountability friend who lost 8lbs in 10 days! Put on some parachute pants for that song & got my toosh kicked! That is exactly what I needed to shave off the Froyo kids talked me into. Pushed myself hard yesterday & DOM’s are here. 🥗 under (barely), 💧 144 oz. (over), 👟8,503 (under), 💪 Dancing, strength training + 32 min. HIIT ⛑ +17 (215).
    “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” - Jim Ryun

Woohoo! I’ve lost 10.5 lbs in the last 90 days. Noticing better cardio & muscle growth.
  • JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’m not sure what the intentions of this group are because I’m mainly just talking to myself. I’ve found some groups that interact with and support one another. This is my last accountability update here. Let me know if anyone decides to use this beyond adding friends.

Took an easy day yesterday because of the DOM’s. I was under my calories in the evening but noticed I ate past being full. Breaking that no waste habit is hard. I owe a friend a celebratory dance & I’m trying to finish work early (self employed) so I can hit the lake this afternoon. 🥗 under (easily), 💧 160 oz. (over), 👟10,795 (met), 💪 30 min. light rowing, ⛑ +19 (211).
    "It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” - Mahatma Gandhi
  • StDominicBarberi
    StDominicBarberi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes I have been watching it with my husband and kids dd19 and ds15. Most of the time its been me and my son watching it as my dd was working and just moved into her sorority for the summer. We just finished the current episodes last night. We kept freezing the screen to theorize about what was going to happen next and who is the villan etc.! The other show I watch on and off is Succession, I am still only on the second series. I only watch TV if I have a show or movie in mind, so sometimes go for weeks/months without watching anything unless its a Friday night movie with the fam. My eldest dd arrives back from Spring Semester in Europe on Saturday.
  • StDominicBarberi
    StDominicBarberi Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @jbeanRO212 what do you like to watch or do for fun? I love to see the range of exercise you are doing!
  • JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    Options
    😂 We love movie nights. Mostly we play board games, educational activities that are kind of fun or arts & crafts. I’m a former school employee (social work) but education just doesn’t pay enough for me to support my family so I work for myself now. I have a 23 year old, a soon to be 13 year old & a 7 year old (yeah, never a dull moment). My parents are in very poor health and I’m the only kid in state so much of my free time is spent taking care of them (and they live 1.5hrs away). I also try to volunteer at least 20 hrs of my time a month.

We love the water! Whitewater rafting is my passion! I can’t do it much though as the sole provider of two young kids. That’s why my fist investment in rebuilding my gym was a rower. We also enjoy hikes but I mean when you live in CO you gotta visit the mountains! I’m over skiing & snowboarding though, that’s for tourists 😂. My son used to do Mu Duk Kwan and loved it but we stopped going when the pandemic first hit. Hoping to get him back into it soon but waiting until this next fall/winter season hits to see where that goes…. they have had a lot of outbreaks with tournaments. I might enroll my daughter and I too if we return. In high school I was a weight lifting buff who enjoyed soccer & track (until I destroyed my right achilles). I still hold the record for 74 dips at my high school (set 22 years ago)! If I could do that again it would be a miracle, getting past 5 is a challenge. Really it wasn’t just my weight that has motivated me to get back in shape, I got CoVID (and was vaccinated) in November and am still battling some long symptoms….. kind of a wake up call especially my lungs. I’ve got a lot to live for!

What about you?
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Morning all! Anyone a fan of GoT?

I just found out about this challenge that focuses on healthy eating plus exercise and am considering joining.

The new Game Of Thrones Season 6 (part 2) Challenge starts on Sunday 10th July and will run for 12 weeks.

If interested, you have to request to join and state your reason why. MFP won’t let me share the link but you can find it by searching in the community pages for the challenge “Game of Thrones Season 6 part 2”

Once approved you will have to sign up for a house!
    You can choose between Lannister, Stark or Targaryen. Or, if you want to take part in the fun, but don't want to compete, you can choose the Wildlings.

Just copy the last post and add your name to a House with a free spot. Please try to make sure that the houses have an equal amount of members. (If needed, they will add additional spots in each house. The non point scoring Wildlings have unlimited places.)

Also, feel free to tell your friends and invite them to the challenge - the more, the merrier!

@StDominicBarberi this seems right up your alley!