Going backwards?

Options
I have been on MFP since May and have made drastic improvements in my health and my fitness. I have before and after pics on my profile that prove that but lately, I've noticed I'm actually looking "flabby". Understand, I'm NOT overweight and I haven't gained any weight back but the lean look I had in my pics from even two weeks ago is gone. WTF?! What am I missing? I'm changing up my exercise. Just ordered TurboFire and Insanity so I'll be doing different workouts every day. I know doing the same workout all the time can cause plateaus. But this isn't even a plateau. I literally have loose looking skin now and it's freaking me out. Please give me suggestions or advice guys! Why is this happening and how do I stop it?

Replies

• BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Could you just be bloated, for any reason? Hormones/salt/dehydration, or you worked your muscles so hard they are swollen and pushing some fat out? (That one happens to me every couple days.) Or meds, or a food sensitivity, or anything else that causes bloating.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since May and have made drastic improvements in my health and my fitness. I have before and after pics on my profile that prove that but lately, I've noticed I'm actually looking "flabby". Understand, I'm NOT overweight and I haven't gained any weight back but the lean look I had in my pics from even two weeks ago is gone. WTF?! What am I missing? I'm changing up my exercise. Just ordered TurboFire and Insanity so I'll be doing different workouts every day. I know doing the same workout all the time can cause plateaus. But this isn't even a plateau. I literally have loose looking skin now and it's freaking me out. Please give me suggestions or advice guys! Why is this happening and how do I stop it?
    Turbofire and Insanity are cardio based exercise. If you neglect strength training, and that means resistance training with not just your body weight, then you can be losing lean muscle tissue which would explain that loose skin look.
  • Bella7810
    Options
    I do strength training with weights and resistance bands. Granted, I cant lift alot of weight just yet but I AM trying. Maybe it is just water or whatnot. Just seems strange to me. I was never overweight enough to now have extra skin or so I thought. I dunno. Im frustrated and, truthfully, a little worried.