Hello...looking for willpower

Options
Hello! I am 40 and have been half-way trying to lose weight for the past 5 years. I know all the reasons to do it, I want to do it - but I admit, I just don't.

I really like this site and am trying hard to tell myself this is the time. I need to do it now. I am very active in my kids activities (school groups, sports, etc.) and am very good about taking care of them. But me, I just keep telling myself...tomorrow.

Well, tomorrow is today. And I am hoping to find support and willpower here among others. I am a great cheerleader for my kids, now it's my turn.

But please, yell at me if I don't post for a couple of days or something. :smile:

Replies

• tsinclair
    tsinclair Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello! I am 40 and have been half-way trying to lose weight for the past 5 years. I know all the reasons to do it, I want to do it - but I admit, I just don't.

I really like this site and am trying hard to tell myself this is the time. I need to do it now. I am very active in my kids activities (school groups, sports, etc.) and am very good about taking care of them. But me, I just keep telling myself...tomorrow.

Well, tomorrow is today. And I am hoping to find support and willpower here among others. I am a great cheerleader for my kids, now it's my turn.

But please, yell at me if I don't post for a couple of days or something. :smile:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Healthy eating and regular exercise is a lifestyle change that is so rewarding! The transition for me was tough at first, but it gets easier as you go - If you ever need an encouraging word, advice, or just dinner ideas, just say the word, we're here for you :smile:

Manda:heart:
  • highlighters
    Options
    Good Luck! This has been a long journey for me, too, and most others I'm guessing. Best wishes to you in yours.:happy: :happy:
  • tsinclair
    Options
    Thanks! I am looking and the message boards and getting inspired. I think if I can come here often enough I will progress.

1200 calories though :frown:

:smile:
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to find encouragement! Just try to think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Don't look at what you can't have....look at what you CAN have. And never deprive yourself. Life is too short to not eat good food. :flowerforyou:

You can do this. You get to choose how you live your life......either in a healthy or unhealthy way. You might as well live a healthy one. You will be a happier person in the long run! :heart:

We are all here for ya! Take care and good luck!:wink:
  • tsinclair
    Options
    Thanks Mollys Mom
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: