Getting fit playing video games?

Options
After seeing several videos about The Fight: Lights Out PS3 Move game online, I bought it. It's a great workout, similar to real boxing I suppose. Anyway, I was just wondering if others had used games (this game?) to get in shape? If so, what kind of success have you had? I think the joining of fun and fitness will be perfect for me.

Replies

• hiemerapril
    hiemerapril Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's silly I know, but my kids got the Smurf Dance Party game for wii and I have used it several times for my daily workout! It's super fun and really active! :)
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm sorry but your avatar is super cute and all I can think of is how that little pig should be friends with yummy's bunny!
  • radfordjwhite
    Options
    My wife and I do dance battles on the WII with Just Dance 2 it is loads of fun and really gets the heart pumping.:happy:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I was using Wii boxing and burning a ton of calories. Unfortunately, though, I think my body has adjusted. I'm about to try a Jillian Michaels game. It was supposed to be a combination of workout and role playing with Jillian as the star. Seemed kind of weird but I needed to try something different.
  • AussieFirebird
    AussieFirebird Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but your avatar is super cute and all I can think of is how that little pig should be friends with yummy's bunny!

YEEEEEESSSSS!! Hahahahaha - this is why I love you AJK...!!
  • britneythe299
    Options
    I just recently brought a wii and LOVE it.. I brought the zumba game, wii fit plus, and also a couple of the just dance game. I use them a couple times a week and all I can say is that I'm addicted, lol but I do see that I workout and enjoy it more with the games then when I go to the gym or use DVDs
  • s9101979
    s9101979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WII Sports, Tennis, will make ya sweat, & I love the Dance Revolution too! You're not alone on using "gaming" to lose calories =)
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Wii Zumba, and Wii Sports. Get enough of a burn to call it exercise, and it's working for me! Have fun!!!!!
  • Desert_Lotus
    Options
    I play PS3 active 2 Its a simulated fitness trainer fun stuff and it has a heart monitor
  • Desert_Lotus
    Options
    Is Zumba fun? Been thinking about getting that. Do you get a good burn outta it?