Just a geek trying to live healthier

Options
So, this is my first forum post on MFP, but I've been using it for well over a month. I've tried the whole weight loss thing before, but it never really worked for me. I decided to give it another try after quitting both smoking and soft drinks. I figured "Hey, since those two things I love were easy to give up, why not give weight loss another try?" Possibly one of the best decisions I've made this year. Since I've started the process, I've lost nearly 30 lbs thanks to diet and exercise, two things that I used to despise. I'm really determined this time and I plan to reach my goal of obtaining a healthy weight. It's going to be a long process, but the results are totally going to be worth it =)

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are well on your way!!! Welcome to MFP!
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I quit smoking recently too, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You're already doing a fantastic job. Keep it up and the results are always worth it.
  • ilike2run
    ilike2run Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP! I love it...also started about a month ago...good luck on your LIFE'S journey to be healthy! Congratulations on taking the rough road..it will soooo pay off later. Feel free to add me, I am an encourager, :)
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting this path!
    It's so worth it. :)
  • GrizzFoShiz
    Options
    Thanks y'all, and it'll so be worth it. I've always been a pretty big guy, but I guess the motivation just hit me. I've never felt better, either.
  • briamycolson
    Options
    Great job!! This is a great website and forum for those of us who truly want to live a healthy lifestyle, not just "diet". Keep it up!
  • emilycandoit
    Options
    Congrats on giving up smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me have hope that my husband can too. Wow!