Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

'Save As' for recipe creation

Options
I like to have multiple versions of the recipe's I create. For example, same recipe except for a different meat. It would be great to be able to create recipe's by saving and editing an existing recipe rather than having to create from scratch.
Tagged:
1 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

Replies

• gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do something similar, and I just open the desktop site, which lets you copy the recipe. From there I edit it from the app
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,948 MFP Staff
    Options
    gpanda103 wrote: »
    I do something similar, and I just open the desktop site, which lets you copy the recipe. From there I edit it from the app

^ Yes, exactly this. @kraftjoh If you go to myfitnesspal.com, log in with your normal login details, click the "Food" tab at the top, then select the "Recipes" sub-tab. You'll see all of the recipes you've already created. Just copy the one you want to make changes to and then edit the copy.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    kraftjoh wrote: »
    I like to have multiple versions of the recipe's I create. For example, same recipe except for a different meat. It would be great to be able to create recipe's by saving and editing an existing recipe rather than having to create from scratch.

You can do this now, just set the quantity of the ingredient(s) you are not using to zero. So, list chicken, beef, and pork, but have the amounts set to zero except for the meat that you have for that time.