NEED SOME MOTIVATION!

Options
HI ALL, I JOINED ON MARCH 1, BUT HAVE JUST NOW FIGURED OUT HOW ALL THIS WORKS!!:ohwell: I HAVE 60 POUNDS TO LOSE, AND HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT SINCE FEBRUARY, AND HAVE LOST APPROXIMATELY 10 POUNDS; I THINK IT WAS MOSTLY WATER.. OKAY, HERE IT IS; I DO REALLY WELL COUNTING CALOREIS, AND MAKING HEALTHY SWITCHES AND CHOICES. ABOUT 2 DAYS A WEEK I DO REALLY WELL IN THE EXERCISE DEPARTMENT, AND THEN, FOR SOME REASON, I JUST CANT GET INTO IT THE REST OF THE WEEK. :huh: I FEEL GREAT AND SEE TINY RESULTS THOSE 2 DAYS THAT I DO GOOD, BUT THEN I STOP! WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!!:sad: ANY IDEAS!:wink: [

Replies

• mamaslosing
    Options
    HI ALL, I JOINED ON MARCH 1, BUT HAVE JUST NOW FIGURED OUT HOW ALL THIS WORKS!!:ohwell: I HAVE 60 POUNDS TO LOSE, AND HAVE BEEN WORKING ON IT SINCE FEBRUARY, AND HAVE LOST APPROXIMATELY 10 POUNDS; I THINK IT WAS MOSTLY WATER.. OKAY, HERE IT IS; I DO REALLY WELL COUNTING CALOREIS, AND MAKING HEALTHY SWITCHES AND CHOICES. ABOUT 2 DAYS A WEEK I DO REALLY WELL IN THE EXERCISE DEPARTMENT, AND THEN, FOR SOME REASON, I JUST CANT GET INTO IT THE REST OF THE WEEK. :huh: I FEEL GREAT AND SEE TINY RESULTS THOSE 2 DAYS THAT I DO GOOD, BUT THEN I STOP! WHATS WRONG WITH ME?!!:sad: ANY IDEAS!:wink: [
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just keep the faith and keep at it. I've been here for about a week, too and I've found just reading everyone's posts and positive messages keeps me motivated! Good luck...:smile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Keep reading the posts for ideas, try to join a "challenge group". There are several, you probably can join one somewhere. There is a "No more fatty by St. Patty" one. Or you can even get on a team of some sort,- very motivational, you'll meet a bunch of great people, and they'll help you keep it together!:drinker: 1st challenge, drink 8 cups of water a day. Set some goals, write them down and you're on your way!:flowerforyou: Kath
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Don't they say it takes 30 days to make something a habit? Commit to 5 days of exercise a week. Make it 30 minutes. Walk, run, elleptical, swim, whatever aerobic exercise you like. Or do different ones on different days. I bet after a month you'll have made a good habit. You might not always like it but I bet you'll like the results!
  • nerveracker
    Options
    Dunno about you, and what will work for you, but I know what has worked for me, and is working for me. I was in the same boat as you, working out once or twice a week and not really getting anywhere. But I found a workout/fitness program that I enjoy. (I use P90X and love it) but something you might want to do is look for some type of program to where you commit yourself to putting it in and pusing play or feel a commitment to something. It definitely has worked and is working for me. Maybe take a look at some of the programs available on the market or come up with your own, but you have to commit to it. Also, set goals, daily goals. Set those goals to I'm gonna work out today, or I'm going to go walk for 30 minutes or whatever, and don't let anything stand it the way of them. But make them every day, write them down if you have to. Set a time frame, of say I'm going to work out for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week for 13 weeks, or for 8 weeks, or whatever, just set yourself a goal to work towards and reward yourself when you reach it. The biggest obstacle in our way is ourselves. Try not to let yourself stop you from great things. You CAN do it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    For motivation, check out profile pics of some of the bigger losers on MFP. It's sooooooo amazing what a change losing weight can make in someone's appearence! :smile: