PB Addicts!!

Options
How much PB do you eat in a day, and what brand or style do you prefer?

I eat 1-2 tbsp of Maranatha Smooth No Salt Organic Peanut Butter.

With a sprinkle of cinnamon...NUM! Licking some off my spoon as I type with one hand!

Replies

• emilycandoit
    Options
    I love pb and keep forgetting how good it is for me.....congrats on your weight lost!!! So exciting for you!!!
  • Jojo2k11
    Options
    I just got into peanut butter actually. I didn't know healthy people ate that since I wasn't allowed to go near the stuff as a kid.

I'm eating reduced fat Skippy, 180 calories for every 2 tblspns.
  • artgalchitown
    artgalchitown Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's All Natural Crunchy PB, especially on a brown rice cake - 1 tbsp goes a long way
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp in my protein shake most days :} and sometimes on wholegrain toast for breakfast.

I highly recommend every gets natural peanut butter, where the only ingredient is peanuts! So much better for you and still delicious as heck.
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    <---- Peanut Butter Junkie, I eat all kinds but I prefer a local natural Peanut butter from South Africa...so smooth and creamy yet so healthy.

Here is my list
    - Chunky right out of the jar with a spoon
    - Creamy with my shakes
    - Nutella for body spread

Did I miss anything?
  • PBJunkie
    Options
    Oh and on a sidenote, try to avoid peanut butter with hydrogenated fat...that is the bad stuff.
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!

I seriously can't get enough of the stuff! I went to safeway tonight to get groceries for my fiance (ugh, and with TOM, the sight of chocolate made me drooly), so I bought some more PB and had my 2nd tbsp of the day tonight with some water.

All natural is the way to go - I agree! The Maranatha (found at choices and whole foods in Canada) is really great. And PS, yes you should stir the oil that separates back in!
  • smilewithkatherine
    Options
    Did somebody say peanut butter? All I can say is YUMMMMMMYYYYYY! I don't it peanut butter everyday, but on days when I add it to a receipe or use it on my toast I use 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon.

The brand I perfer is Skippy Natural Peanut Butter.
  • mbond6
    mbond6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lov e pb but i am allergic to it, soooo i only eat it in very small quantities like reeces pieces a couple. :(
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    All i want right now is pb on hot, buttery toast. Dammit!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    On days I work out, I usually have a TBS of Maranatha Almond Butter (or half regular and half chocolate almond) on each piece of whole grain toast (Cobs Country Grain - amazing stuff)

Once in a while I put a half spoon of each on a big spoon and top with almonds or walnuts for an extremely yummy crunch treat.

So if I work out say 5 days per week I probably have some 4-5 of those days. Those are also the days I allow myself a half an avocado as well. Big treats, healthy and satisfying and I earn them.

Edited to add - about once every week or two I have Kraft 25% reduced calorie smooth PB on the country grain. It's actually less calories than the almond butters (slightly) but not as natural and not organic, so I limit it.
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i have 3 tbsp of pb a day. ive tried to go a day without it...but i wouldnt be happy then :P i like adams 100% natural peanut butter, CRUNCHYYYY!
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jenna and I am addicted to peanut butter. I eat one Tablespoon a day, divided between 2 brown rice cakes, sprinkled with 5 chocolate chips per cake. Oh, sweet heaven!
  • Victoria141090
    Options
    I didn't realise PB was healthy :D so craving some now
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Peanut Butter.

I eat this on Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat bread, a tbsp (or 2) of Trader Joe's Creamy Salted Peanut Butter, & a tbsp of Trader Joe's Raw Honey.

I can eat that all day, everyday!!!

*nom nom nom*
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    my name is danny, and i'm a peanut butter addict. it has been two days since my last pb & j....
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    im not an addict, but its great with low fat vanilla ice cream, yummy