Lose 100+ lbs

Options
Is there anyone who needs to lose a lot. Could use some support.

Replies

• Goodfelines
    Goodfelines Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 110lbs!
  • aflads31
    aflads31 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m lookin at about 196lbs that I’m hoping for!
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Yeah .. there are a lot of us trying to do just that ... what kind of support are you hoping to get on here?
  • aflads31
    Options
    I’m not sure what I need really I do have support at home but it’s nice to see other people with the same struggles I guess.
  • nsk1951
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Well @aflads31 ... this app is certainly one where you will find people with the same struggle! ... And you'll also gets loads and loads of advice from people who will describe their journey and what they are doing to lose weight. Well ... there is a category on here for people who are trying to gain weight, and another for people who are trying to maintain their current weight! ...

There is a 'friend' deal on here too that would allow any post or newsfeed item from your friends to post to your homepage. Then whatever you post on your home page will also show up on their feed. Me? I don't use that feature as I found it was way more stuff on my home page than i wanted to weed through. Thus I stick to the discussion threads.

I hope you find people on here from either other threads or by people posting to this one that you created. It DOES HELP to know you are not in this alone.

PS .. When I started using MFP, I had over 100 pounds to lose. It's been a slow ride but I am now down half of what I wanted to shed. I do give a lot of credit to this app's community pages, and also to the folks on YouTube that I tune into on a regular basis who are also working on their weight loss. I'm 77 years old .. and I often wonder if I will ever reach my weight loss goal .. or die trying. But try I will continue to do ... Never Give Up.
  • aflads31
    Options
    Thank you for that! And I’m happy for you that you lost so much weight.
  • nsk1951
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @aflads31 Try this thread ... under the Motivation category posted on 6/21 by Dianedoessmiles1 ... It's about a 5% weight loss challenge that starts in July. The story like is: User:
    "From 288 to 171!! How? I NEEDED support and found it! (No gimmick) A group here!"

It just might be something that you can use to get that support you are looking for. I used to join into challenges all the time when I was younger, and although my challenge goal was always a little more than I actually achieved, I am pretty sure I would have had no success had I not been trying. The challenges helped set a pattern, a habit .. my current goals are 5 pound loss markers.

Good luck

PS ... sorry ... that thread is in the Success Stories category.