Completely creepy true story!

Options
Ok I'm definitely more than a little freaked out right now! For the past few days I haven't been able to find my engagement ring but the wedding band was on my dresser (I usually only wear the set when I go out) sick about it searched the house high and low for the last couple of days with no luck:( I figured it must have fallen off.

Here is the creepy part.....I went to bed about three hours ago, and woke up with a very vivid dream. My aunt (who passed away two years ago) was telling me "don't stress jen, Anthony says it's at the bottom of the bag". Now who is Anthony....I don't know but I start to think what the heck bag is she talking about?! I walk onto the deck and realize its garbage day tomorrow, so yup....started digging through the trash. Sure enough, at the bottom of the second garbage bag was my ring:).

Weird hey?! I thought so but am super happy that I found the ring!! Just a little freaked out and now can't sleep even though it's 1:30 am!

Ps
I promise I'm not crazy!

Replies

• PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Wow!

I'm so glad you found your ring.

And...

I don't think you are crazy...

I've had stuff like that happen before.

One time, I had the horrible feeling that my dad was going to have a heart attack the next day!! I was crying hysterically and called everyone I knew who would pray. I know some of them probably thought I was off my rocker. (I live hours away from my parents.)

Then, next day I get a call from my mom that Dad had passed out as he went off the porch walking to his work truck. Ambulance had to come and get him. It had to do with his heart and blood pressure. I truly believe to this day that God told me and that the prayers of my friends and loved ones saved my dad.
  • Cornock
    Cornock Posts: 254
    Options
    How good is that! Lucky you listen to your intuiton :happy:
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Coolness!!
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    that's really amazing. I don't think it's creepy at all :) your aunt looks out for you- that's a wonderful lucky thing.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I know your not crazy...could have been your sub concious (sp?) telling you where you last remembered seeing it? Good thing you found it though!

My dad had a dream one night that he was talking to a woman and a little girl, and suddenly everything tilted and felt heavy. The little girl told him he had to wake up because he was having a stroke. He woke up and called a friend and went to the hospital and sure enough, his symptoms were indicating a stroke that might have happened if he hadn't gotten to the hospital fast enough. He wasn't taking his blood pressure meds when it happened.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Not creepy at all! My Dad and I live on opposite sides of the world but often share dreams. Spooky huh? We both knew at he same time that my Grandmother had died, for example. I think some people are just more in tune than others. Great that you found your ring!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/752V173e31o?t=20m22s

Saw this recently explaining the maths behind precognition.

Lucky, strange and cool about the ring though.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Not creepy at all. The communion of saints were on your side! Anthony is the patron saint who is known to help those who have lost something. Catholics commonly say this prayer..."Tony, Tony, turn around. Somethings lost and can't be found."

Not sure it this bit of trivia is "too religious" for the new moderators.

So glad that you found your ring!

D
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Not creepy at all. The communion of saints were on your side! Anthony is the patron saint who is known to help those who have lost something. Catholics commonly say this prayer..."Tony, Tony, turn around. Somethings lost and can't be found."

D

I was just getting ready to post that St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost/stolen articles. Not creepy at all, one time I had lost my checkbook for almost 3 weeks. Was completely stressed about it. One afternoon while searching in tears I just sat down on the couch looked up and said "Okay God, I could really use some help here..." immediately an image flashed into my mind of where it was...in a tote bag in the garage. Sure enough I found it seconds later!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My dad has said that when he was young he used to have "visions". He'd sometimes know what was about to happen. My father is brilliant, and a freak for logic, so he figured his mind would calculate possibilites in the background and when something highly likely and significant was about to happen, it'd throw it into his concious mind. He found this rather disturbing and it stopped when he was in his 20s, I think. But I think what happened to you was something like that. Your mind was working through this in your subconcious and when it figured it out it threw it into your dream to bring it to your concious mind. The mind is a cool and weird thing!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    that just gave me goosebumps! Glad you found it, though!!
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    http://youtu.be/752V173e31o?t=20m22s

Saw this recently explaining the maths behind precognition.

Crap, my workstation does not have speakers, I must watch this when I get home.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is not creepy at all. It is just to show us that "God works in mysterious ways" He comes through when we need him. I am so glad that God helped you find your ring.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, St. Anthony is the Patron Saint of Lost Items (my mom was a Catholic school girl and she always tells me who to ask for help in every situation...LOL).

Glad you found your ring, and your story gave me goosebumps!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    This gave me goosebumps.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    We don't think you're crazy at all...

/hides straightjacket behind back

:flowerforyou:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Not creepy, I did get goosebumps though!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    it's awesome that your aunt was able to tell you where the ring was. those we love may go on ahead, but they still visit. and i'm glad she told you the day BEFORE trash day.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Always Good to hear stories from the other side. Thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

D

Wow! I do that ALL the time when I lose things! Except I was taught "Dear St. Anthony please come 'round; something's lost & can't be found." And 99% of the time, it works.