Looking for others reversing Pre-Diabetes

Recently discovered that I have pre-diabetes and I’m only two weeks into the process of trying to reverse that. I’m looking for others on the same path, for those who have already conquered it. Would love to support one another and share information that we learned. If you’re interested, we can communicate on this discussion, and I would love it if you would friend me!

I’m a 54-year-old mother of four married children, with three grandchildren, who has been happily married for 34 years. I’m a strong believer in mental health first.
Tagged:

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I started all of this in 2012 and was pre-diabetic. Probably the most beneficial thing for me was to get moving in some capacity everyday, and then losing weight. I didn't really do low carb or anything like that, but I did limit my sweets and cut out full sugar soda and started taking in most of my carbohydrates from whole grains, vegetables and root vegetables, fruit, legumes and lentils, etc.

But on the whole, regular exercise was a huge game changer.
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    Thanks cwolfman13. That's helpful. Can I ask, how long did it take for the blood sugar numbers to go down? Were you testing at home? Or doing the A1C?