Opposite results...

Options
I've read a lot of stuff on here that when you get close to your goal, it's wise to up your calories to 1lb/0.5lb a week loss. So this is what I've done. Feel like a lot to eat after the 1200 restriction. I realised that for a few days I had slipped into netting 1200 or under again so for two days I worked on eating more. Guess what? This morning I've gained. I was hovering around 140lb on the 1200 a day and then suddenly I'm 142lb again, after upping my calories. I've kept my water steady (8 or more glasses) and it's not TOM. I know I've only been doing it for a week or so, but I'm gutted. This seems to be the opposite to what I'm reading elsewhere. Coz I'm so close to my goal - under 140lbs then looking towards 133lbs - it takes so much effort to lose that 2lbs. My diary is open so please feel free to take a look. I'm now scared of sticking to the higher calorie goal but scared of sticking to the 1200 calorie goal incase the dreaded starvation mode hits. Has anyone else encountered the same problem?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    omg its just two lbs..we all fluctuate
  • Kntu
    Kntu Posts: 24
    Options
    I realise that it's a small amount, but i probably didn't make clear above that I've been steady on 140lb for a while. The last two pound to get to that took some effort and now I've got to do it all over again. I'm very sorry to sound whingey about such a small amount, maybe I'm just having a bad day and need to vent :smile:
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You may need to up your calories more gradually than MFP says. Happened to me too, so I dropped a tad (after some advice) and everything normalised again. You can then go up a bit more week on week.
  • surfinbernard
    Options
    No I do not believe that upping calories is the way to lose more weight! If you are struggling to lose your last few pounds I would stick to your 1200 and up the exercise just a little bit without eating all the calories back. If some on MFP were to be believed you could get fat by eating nothing, please don't be fooled by the pseudo science!