Hi to friends yet unmet!

Options
Hello everyone - it is really good to read what you have written to each other on this site. It does seem that what you have in common is not just a desire to lose weight but the warmth of your response and willingness to support strangers. This is a wonderful thing. I know no-one here yet, and originally only joined mfp to count calories and make a start towards healthy weight loss (60lbs are slowing me down more than my 48 years) ...However, I am really struck by the community here and look forwards to being part of something so full of kindness, knowledge and good humour! Good luck with your projects today - I'd love to hear what you do to avoid thinking of nothing but food (the new dieters' downfall). I hope to 'meet' you soon.

Replies

• moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and have found everyone very warm and welcoming, Good luck on your weight loss and feel free to add me if you want, Susan
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    hey :)

Welcome! What I do to avoid thinking about food, is to try to focus my thoughts on something else, or do some exercises. Also, to prevent from over-eating, I just think, is this REALLY worth me backtracking my results over? I always come to the conclusion that it's not :)

Take everything a day at a time. and good luck to you.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    This site is awesome and has provided the support that I needed to be and stay motivated!! At 56, it was a feat to get my metabolism out of hibernation!! Working with a trainer has been a great help too, but knowing that I have to log on each day has kept me consistent! Good luck!!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Try to focus my thoughts on something else, or do some exercises. Also, to prevent from over-eating, I just think, is this REALLY worth me backtracking my results over? I always come to the conclusion that it's not :)

Welcome! I agree... as I was only using this on my phone app at first however when I started reading the success stories and supportive comments on line... it's addicting! What I've found is that so many people have similar issues and we're in this together, which is really cool!! So.. this comment above is so true - she nailed it, as I too try and focus on something else. If you are focused and set goals for yourself, you will say hey this isn't worth it and it'll help you succeed.
    Some days I feel like I have a hollow leg and know I don't want to or can't eat too many calories and some days are worse than others ...so take up a hobby - whether it be scrapbooking, etc or go for a walk, you will feel better. Tiny amounts of quick protein also help to take that edge off! i.e. Colby Jack reduced fat cheese stick.. great little treat! Good luck and can't wait to see your progress... like I said LOTS of success stories on here!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here!
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. :) Looking forward to seeing you around!
  • nola_L
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. maybe this will actually help me
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!
    I agree - exercise could be one good distraction.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Thanks- I have added you.
    You look to be doing very well here!
    Best wishes
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Thanks skwilson
    Well done on your progress
    Best wishes
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Thanks nowornever
    these are useful points - I agree about the success stories:smile: !
    Best wishes
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    This site is awesome and has provided the support that I needed to be and stay motivated!! At 56, it was a feat to get my metabolism out of hibernation!! Working with a trainer has been a great help too, but knowing that I have to log on each day has kept me consistent! Good luck!!

Thanks for this and well done
    Best wishes
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Thanks Shrublet
    I do like your quote - about workouts and brushing teeth. Often making the decision to get going takes up the most time.
    Best wishes
  • liz11599
    liz11599 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You're going to love it here and will find a wealth of support from everyone here. Please feel free to friend me. Take one moment at a time and remember to eat to live!! (Not live to eat). :happy:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    i, as others have said, started out just using the calorie counter on my phone app. after several months i discovered the community pages. i love this site. i am not a facebooker, but i find talking to my friends here to be very supportive. i have made some really good friends on MFP. welcome, and i hope that you have the same positive experience here that i have found!! feel free to friend me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Thanks Liz
    I will - as soon as I work out how!
    best wishes
  • goodasgoldilox165
    Options
    Thanks PSB13
    I like the Knitting sign - perhaps this would be a good distraction.
    Best wishes
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    :wink: Welcome.. I am sure you will love it here.. MFP Is Great and the People you meet are AMAZING!!!
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, you'll love it here. Everyone is very friendly and supportive. Encouragement from friends is very important, at least it has been for me. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.