What is the best manual treadmill on market?

Options
I want to buy a manual treadmill, but this will be my first experience, I'm very hesitant. I will buy it for use in my office. Can people who have used treadmills in the office before recommend me a manual treadmill? Having an under desk treadmill is important to me. I have very little space in my office and I want to work and do sports that way. What are your suggestions?

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    As far as "good treadmills" go - the last time I was in the market, the Sole F80 was highly regarded and considered quite a good bargain for the price. I've had mine since 2015, and I trained for a couple marathons on it - I prefer the treadmill over the outdoors, so it's taken a lot of abuse. In the past couple of years, I needed to replace the bearings in the rear roller. Otherwise, it's still in fantastic shape. 9.5/10 would recommend. I'd prefer a model that I could easily switch the display between miles and kilometers, based on mood, and it would be great if it could do downhill running, too (I have a hack for that, with a step aerobics riser wedged under the back of the deck, but I can only get a few degrees of slope.) And it wasn't the cheapest thing out there. But definitely it provides good value - If you consider cost plus repairs, and even throw in the cost of belt lubricant (gotta do maintenance!) it works out to less than $240 per year. I considered it an investment.

Also, this thread is from April of 2021, which is, coincidentally, the last time the OP was active.

I was going to apologize that the Sole F80 is definitely not appropriate for the workplace, but OP doesn't seem to be around to worry that their thread was hijacked.