Super-Fast Breakfast options

2»

Replies

• scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I boil 6+ eggs and keep them in the fridge for a quick breakfast or snack. They'll keep peeled in the fridge for 2-3 days.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    If you like eggs you can cook up a big batch on Sunday and just heat it up throughout the week.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Burrito update: I don't know why it didn't occur to me to do this in the first place, but for my last few batches I've cooked everything in one pan like a big scramble, rather than all the components separately. Like, I browned my sausage, threw in some onions and peppers to cook in the fat that rendered out of that, then poured over the scrambled eggs and cooked those, tossing on the cheese at the end. Then I just scoop out 100g of the filling mixture into my tortillas. MUCH faster to prep this way, I have it down to maybe an hour of work including chopping the veggies, whisking the eggs (I mean, I let my stand mixer do it but it takes a couple of minutes to whisk 12 eggs to homogeneity), the actual cooking part, giving the mixture a few minutes to cool and then cutting 10 pieces of parchment and assembling the burritos. It's probably slightly less accurate in terms of the ingredients because the scramble isn't perfectly homogeneous so I don't actually know if they all have the same amount of egg vs meat vs veg vs cheese, but it's close enough I think.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    today, I prepared sauteed chicken patties and in the mornings I will warm with a slice of white cheese
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    I do 2 tablespoon ground flax seed soaked overnight in 200ml almond milk. Add nuts/berries/seeds/dried fruit/maple syrup or warm it in the microwave to ring the changes. It's a porridge-like consistency.

I've also done egg muffins in a muffin tray, and frozen a batch in a plastic bag. Takes very little time to warm one or two in the microwave from frozen.
  • Countandsubtract
    Countandsubtract Posts: 276 Member
    I use beans...not sure on the sodium though. It's easy to just microwave or suffer through eating them cold.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    When I was working, I had Vega One and plain yogurt for breakfast every single day. It required virtually no effort and kept me full for a solid 6 hours, which was good because I didn't get any breaks at work from 7am-noon.

Pretty much every working person in my family now has this for breakfast.
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    I am obssessed with finding more protein breakfast and less carbs. Today, I had leftover crocopot roast beef and favorite white cheese with fresh fruit.
    I also saw this blogger share so many good looking protein breakfast recipes to freeze:
    https://www.cushyspa.com/high-protein-breakfast/
  • siberiantarragon
    siberiantarragon Posts: 265 Member
    How many calories are you aiming to have for breakfast? My usual "fast" breakfast is plain whole-milk yogurt (you could use Greek yogurt if you prefer) with some fruit in it (either fresh or dried) and nuts. Nuts are so good in yogurt, idk why this isn't more of a popular thing. I also sometimes add vanilla extract or instant coffee to make a healthier version of vanilla or coffee yogurt.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    I make a 4 cup coffee maker pot straight into my giant mug. I dump a Members Mark protein shake in top and boom, breakfast! I do this 7 days a week. It comes out to 30 grams of protein and 160 calories.
  • CaseyMai2017
    CaseyMai2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi!!
    So for breakfast i also struggle, something filling but healthy, low calories and protein?
    I like to make weetabix cheesecake. It does sound as good as it looks too!
    Search it up its great! Highh protein yoghurt to make the 'cheesecake' bit and some crunched up weetabix with a small amount of milk to make the base. Leave in the fridge overnight with your favourite toppin - I usually add the skinny.co sauces or honey - and you can take it out of the fridge to work and its great! Super easy to make and you can make them in bulk!!!

If you want you can add strawberries or banannas but don't make it boring! Be fun and add little biscuits or chunks of biscoff!!

Hope you enjoy!!