Vegiterian meal prep

Options
TammyRebecca
TammyRebecca Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys,

I'm spending hours endlessly searching the Internet for simple recipe ideas and always end up feeling abit overwhelmed.

I'm looking for cold lunch ideas that I can bulk prep on Sunday for a week of working lunches.

I'm looking for high protein, low in sugar and fat easy recipes that are filling. I'm also trying g to avoid bread.

Any suggestions appreciated. 💚

Replies

• Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Pinterest
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like making some kind of bean salad. Very cheap and easily scalable
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    guil0095 wrote: »
    Smashed chickpea salad!! I have this a couple times a week. Super filling and under 450 calories. Just watch the mayo...
    Smash the chickpeas, add mayo, red pepper, celery, red onion, dill, pickles and salt and pepper. Its addicting and amazing.

1wd05wxi8fvg.jpg

Chickpeas are the best legume.. anyways, you should give some low/non fat Greek yogurt a try in that instead of Mayo. It would give you a big boost in protein too
  • ToffeeApple71
    ToffeeApple71 Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Falafel. Delicious cold in a salad.
    Hummus and raw vegetables (crudités)
    Vege spring rolls
    Seeded crackers with cheese and vege sticks
    You can make wraps from red lentils, and have a wrap that is bread-free.soak the lentils, blend to a batter and cook like a crêpe. They're fab, and high protein, wheat-free.

• jbfletchchic
    jbfletchchic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mason jar salads are my fav right now. Any dressing or veggies on hand. Throw in pasta or beans. Make greek, Mexican, Chinese w cabbage, etc.
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I like the Buddha bowl concept for meal prep. Roast sweet potato or squash, maybe some bell peppers, cook a carb (buckwheat, quinoa, or red rice are my favourites right now), marinate and bake tofu or tempeh, or boil eggs, and have some tins of beans or lentils, something leafy green, salad veggies, fresh herbs, nuts or seeds, and jars of pickled veggies to hand. Keep your roasted veg and carb in a tub each in the fridge, (or the carb will freeze happily too), put a base layer of the carb in your lunch tupperware and artfully put a spoon or two of each of whatever you fancy in little piles on top of it. With a reasonably stocked fridge you can ring the changes each day even while having "the same thing".

E.g. yesterday I had buckwheat, chopped dried apricots, some chickpeas (from the freezer because I had soaked and cooked a bag), rocket, cucumber, pickled sweet peppers, chopped cornichons, tamari roasted seeds, a drizzle of sriratcha, chopped parsley and lemon juice.

Tomorrow I have buckwheat, a boiled egg (I did extra with tonight's meal), cucumber, raisins, hemp seeds, pickled onions butter beans and houmous with mint sauce to dress it.

Monday I have the final portion of buckwheat, I will make sure i have some leftover roasted mixed peppers and tofu from Sunday evening's meal, the rest of the butterbeans and I haven't decided what else from the cupboard will go with that yet!
  • naturallykat
    naturallykat Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I found this receipt that I can't wait to try (apparently it's good hot or cold) - I think you may decide it's too high fat for you but I think it would certainly be filling: https://madeleineshaw.com/videos/the-best-vegan-spicy-tomato-soup/
  • samathes
    samathes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for anything Mexican inspired! I roast veggies, throw in some beans and either add them to salads or rice!