UK WOMEN- TROUSERS

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey Ladies,

I am having a bit of a problem at the moment. i have some grey trousers which i love and wear to work a lot but they are a size 16 and because ive been losing weight i think i need a 14 (YAY!) but ive been looking online and i cant find any nice trousers that arent black suitable for work!

anyone able to suggest anything??

xx

Replies

• naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dorothy Perkins usually does some nice work trousers :)
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Marks and Spencer had some lovely jersey trousers in grey, really lovely fit about £22 I think.....
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Matalan, or peacocks
  • cassiopeia1975
    Options
    havent bought any for a while as no longer need work trousers but New Look used to do nice work trousers in grey, navy, black with & without pinstripe.

marks & spencer also had some nice jersey type ones which wash lovely HTH
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Could a tailor perhaps adjust them for you? It's be a shame to have to mothball them :ohwell:

We've got a brilliant tailor in town who does the most amazing alterations for very reasonable rates.

Can't hep otherwise as I'm not really into ladieswear :laugh:
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    M & S, Matalan, Next, Wallis
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    TOPSHOP! NEXT! new look actually have some alright ones too.
  • purple_punk
    purple_punk Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    matalan or dorothy perkins
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gap do nice black trousers for curvy women - they are quality material and have some stretch in them too. Or, try and find a seamstress to take in your trousers.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    New Look and Matalan do a wonderful range of work suitable clothes, New Look especially.

Congratulations on dropping a dress size!
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I learned to sew by myself from youtube and now I can make all sorts of clothes. Trousers, tshirts, jackets, coats, dresses. It's fun and very cheap, plus you burn 300 calories an hour tailoring :).
    P.S: The vest and shirt in my profile picture were also sewn by me. Takes about 5-8 hours for each garment after you have learned.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    very.co.uk do some good ones- in various colours and various leg lengths.

They are pretty cheap too- starting at about £15.

I ordered several to try and then sent back the ones that weren't right- the courier came to my work to pick them up for free. Then kept the ones that fit.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Could a tailor perhaps adjust them for you? It's be a shame to have to mothball them :ohwell:

We've got a brilliant tailor in town who does the most amazing alterations for very reasonable rates.

Can't hep otherwise as I'm not really into ladieswear :laugh:

Good idea....try Johnson's the dry cleaners, they do that sort of thing!
  • MetalEllie
    Options
    I just bought some nice brown ones from Warehouse and they have grey ones too :o)
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    thanks all :)
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Next had some really nice brown ones!!
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    Try Asda, they have a nice range and they aren't too harsh on the purse either! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!