Hieeee!

Options
Hello everyone! I’m not that new but just now decided to post! I started at the very end of April and so far have lost 21 pounds. I’ve taken it slow…and as I progress, I have so so so many questions! Like, I used to get very excited about getting more “calories” to eat after exercising for one hour! Now I realized I need to stay at my calorie goal and not take my exercise calories as “bonus”!!! And stuff like that, that nobody teaches you about! Anyway, hope to get to know more people and people who are struggling with similar thoughts, cravings etc! Love you!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call 21 lbs in 2 months 'taking it slow' 😉 it's very fast, even.
    In fact, if you're losing more than 1% of your bodyweight per week, I would recommend going back to eating those calories from exercise, to make sure you preserve as much muscle tissue as possible.

This is just some advice from a concerned fellow MFP'er, which may or may not apply, since I don't know anything about you (losing at your current rate is a bad idea if you weigh 175lbs for example, but okay if you weigh 300lbs).

Anyway, if you have questions, feel free to ask them here on the boards! Welcome and I wish you continued success.