Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

New layout

Benlmacey2
Benlmacey2 Posts: 1 Member
Is it just me or is the new layout terrible and confusing?
2 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,104 Member
    You are one of many with that opinion.

One of Many.
  • Julia66227
    Julia66227 Posts: 4 Member
    I also think it’s horrible. I can’t figure out how to log my current weight.
  • Rachelmilloy
    Rachelmilloy Posts: 158 Member
    I’m one of the many finding it hard too…. @Julie66227, I use an iPad, so what works for me may differ from what works for you. That new dashboard page… when I first used my usual finger swipe to move further down on the page, nothing happened so I wrongly assumed there was nothin else there. But aha, discovered I just needed to use two fingers to swipe down. If you can find your way to the lower part of the dashboard page, by hook or by crook 😊, you should find an option to log your current weight. In my case it was by clicking on a “+” sign.

Hang in there! 🌸🌺
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    edited June 2022
    Benlmacey2 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the new layout terrible and confusing?

Quoting another MFP-er:

Here, you're just talking to other regular MFP users. You may get empathy, dunno. The links above are where to talk to MFP's staff.

I don't personally find the layout terrible and confusing, FWIW. Mostly, I just find it different. As a career IT system developer/implementer, I recognize that when systems change, I as a system user will move from feeling competent in using the old tool, to sort of being a rank beginner again for awhile, and that feels uncomfortable. YMMV.

I like some aspects of the new interface better, and liked some things about the old version better. Meh, I can adapt. There are some bugs, which is typical in any new release, but also frustrating. 🤷‍♀️
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I love it. More calorie counting less noise to me.
  • knitski2002
    knitski2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Once I click on the diary tab at the bottom it looks the same as always.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    I really don't like it. Either in the app or online.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,949 Member
    I can usually adapt, but this time, it’s really made it harder to update daily. You are not alone.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    I still haven't figured out how to post to the Newsfeed without going to my Profile in the app first. 🙁
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Yep, terrible and confusing, and I notice far, far fewer new people are posting in the intros/getting started sections.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,776 Member
    edited July 2022
    The app has always been glitchy on my iphone and I was hoping that this change over would make it more stable. Unfortunately not. What's really strange is that I have a Samsung phone for work and the app has NOT changed on that and it works really really well there consistently. I guess the developers have a much easier time working with that set of software vs apple.

Some days I have to open the app up to 5 times before it stabilizes enough for me to use at all.

I have put in multiple tickets via email and typically they say they are working on it and ask for all my information and then close the ticket in 2 days unfixed because that is how that works. Not sure i have ever had a help function that just closes your problem unsolved in 2 days but there it is.

I have also noticed some changes in the community again as far as the flag for new posts. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't. They are trying to group notifications for one thread it looks like.

And Safari can't be used for food entries because the buttons are missing. have to use Opera in order to get all the delete and forward/back buttons to show up.

In general there are of course work arounds (or patience) I think working for this support group would be really easy tho. First response : list your platform etc.... Second response: thank you for letting us know and bye bye... :p
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 200 Member
    Julia66227 wrote: »
    I also think it’s horrible. I can’t figure out how to log my current weight.

I have an Android and on the app, I go down to the bottom right, click on the the three lines labeled 'More', click on the third one down labeled 'Progress' and voila! I can weight and a photo there.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,104 Member
    The app has always been glitchy on my iphone and I was hoping that this change over would make it more stable. Unfortunately not. What's really strange is that I have a Samsung phone for work and the app has NOT changed on that and it works really really well there consistently. I guess the developers have a much easier time working with that set of software vs apple.

Some days I have to open the app up to 5 times before it stabilizes enough for me to use at all.

I have put in multiple tickets via email and typically they say they are working on it and ask for all my information and then close the ticket in 2 days unfixed because that is how that works. Not sure i have ever had a help function that just closes your problem unsolved in 2 days but there it is.

I have also noticed some changes in the community again as far as the flag for new posts. Sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesn't. They are trying to group notifications for one thread it looks like.

And Safari can't be used for food entries because the buttons are missing. have to use Opera in order to get all the delete and forward/back buttons to show up.

In general there are of course work arounds (or patience) I think working for this support group would be really easy tho. First response : list your platform etc.... Second response: thank you for letting us know and bye bye... :p

When they send the "issue resolved" e-mail, I always reply. That seems to keep it open. I usually point out that it's not resolved, that the problem is still happening. I know all the things they will ask for, so I put them in my initial support ticket, and then they ask me for all the information I just gave, and then they tell me I have to clear my cache. That never works.

Support is pretty slow at best.

It's almost like they want us to go find another platform to track our calories in and out. If anyone finds a good one, I'm looking. Maybe when 95% of the members leave, they'll have a smaller number of issues and they can fix them, maybe starting over from the ground up, and then maybe in a few years the site and apps will work again.

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    edited July 2022
    You joined June 20th. Wasn't it already updated by then?

Works beautifully for me. It was an easy transition for me after using the old version daily since August of last year. I still would like to see the community forums look more like Facebook, but I'll live.