I need to lose between 50-80 pounds

I need all the motivation and support I can get as I work towards losing between 50-80 pounds Im hoping to have met this goal by this time next year, I know it can be done as I've done it before. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• obrienann234
    obrienann234 Posts: 1 Member
    Add me please I could do with support
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    You can do it! Logging your food is a huge help.
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Txrocks78665

Morning - good for you taking the step to post and working to get healthier. Like you I lost and gained and now am working to lose again. One good thing is that because you have lost before, you know it can be done - nothing to consider there - you did it once you WILL do it again.

I have found that some of the things that I used last time still work, some do not - so don't give up if your tried and true practices don't show success right away - continue to educate yourself, take part in MFP community and continue to learn. You can do it - stay consistent and work through the challenges.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Sounds like you're focused on reaching your goal!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    I have lost in that range and am now slowing down/maintaining. I did not set out with that goal or any specific goal in mind. If I had it would probably have seemed overwhelming and maybe even depressing to me. I just realized I needed to get healthier and back to a better weight after chemically induced menopause from chemo, medicine that accelerated weight gain from depression and generally being overwhelmed by injuries and care responsibilities for others. I basically set goals oriented to what I would do rather than how much I would lose.

So my first goals were that I would see a dr to figure out how to get off the medicines I was on if I could ir switch to ones with fewer weight related side effects. Once I tackled that I added that I would work some form of movement into my day every morning before breakfast.so that I would be mentally motivated to feel better about myself once I felt mentally there I decided I would plan To eat x calories daily and see how that went. The weight steadily came off in about 14 months. I thought I had lost a little over 50 lbs but when I last went to my dr it turns out I agave lost considerably more from my heaviest weight (which I hadn’t really even acknowledged to myself).
    My point is I got to the end goal and beyond without ever knowing or saying what that was. Sometimes that can be easier than announcing you are going to climb my Everest and then stopping at base camp. By the way to extend the my Everest analogy - Everest base camp is already something like 20k feet up and close to the level where people want extra oxygen to survive so making it even that far is a big
    accomplishment and something to be proud of. Meaning any steps towards the ideal weight you have in your mind are great and to be viewed as accomplishments along the way rather than failures to reach the ultimate summit immediately.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Need help support and motivation. Any seniors out there looking to lose 50lb ish, i have done it before but regained following serious health issues , let’s motivate each other
  • JLRavenclaw
    JLRavenclaw Posts: 10 Member
    I am starting today too. I have about 80 lbs to lose and it feels daunting but I am hopeful. I would love some friends to support and get support from.