17lbs and stuck....

Options
Im trying to get my weight shifting again. Its been a few weeks with no loss.
My bMR is around 1500 should i up my calories from 1400 a day??

Many thanks for any help

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    might wanna switch your workout up . your body may be getting used to whatever you are doing as well
  • julie4760
    Options
    up the water intake if needed cut the sodium and change your workout and goodness me I know that feeling well, good luck to you i'm sure it'll all be ok
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just got over the same hump that you are at...8 weeks and 15 lbs and I couldn't lose anything else. Changed my workouts a little bit, lots of water, and TONS of veggies. I went 3 weeks without a loss, then within a week of making these little changes I've lost almost 3.5 lbs. Dont get discouraged everyone hits plateaus we just gotta work through them!
  • aecmagn
    aecmagn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Adding a one-day calorie boost with a major exercise boost and 2x usual water shakes me up in three days. I've lost the same 75 pounds a half-dozen times, so I'm getting pretty good at losing it. The bad thing is I'm doing pretty good at putting it back on, too, :-)
    But seriously, eating a boost of calories and burning that extra off in a long (doesn't have to be fast) cardio push with water should work. let me know.
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Shreddin_mama makes a good point, maybe you should invest in an HRM (heart rate monitor) to get a more accurate number of calories you are burning. I've found mine really really useful but make sure you don't get a cheap one. Polar is a really good brand. Good luck!
  • Dandersonjr32
    Options
    I love the idea of a one day calorie boost with the exercise jump and water. It will work, I've done it myself.

The exercise boost is augmented if you do something you haven't done before. If you like your cardio, switch to some strength work outs. (There's some good ones you can do at home with no weights. I have a couple if you want them.) The only problem might be with a strength work out is that the weight loss will come a little slower but will build momentum.

Good luck.