Peri menopausal weight loss

Options
I’ve been working out for the past three months. Calorie count is 1,200 a day. I’ve only lost 6 lbs. I walk 2.5 miles almost every day on a 6 incline on the treadmill. I’ve hit a wall and the scale doesn’t seem to be moving for the past month. Any nutritionists out there that can offer some help to get the scale moving again?

Replies

• RoseMarie713
    RoseMarie713 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I told my dr. Last week that I’ve been on a 1300 cal diet, 100 oz of water and workout 5-6 times a week. He ordered blood work and I get the results tomorrow. This is beyond frustrating.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I do agree opening up your diary would be helpful. Are you weighing everything you are logging with a digital food scale? Making sure the entry is correct in the macros? (I've run into some discrepancies; pays to pay attention.) Hitting your macros? Watching Sodium? There's an old thread on here with links that would be beneficial to read. I know whenever I hit a plateau or just want a refresher on setting my own macros, I'll give it a read to see where I may have messed up. Usually, in my case, its setting the macros correctly.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• allaboutthecake
    Options
    I’m in the same boat. I told my dr. Last week that I’ve been on a 1300 cal diet, 100 oz of water and workout 5-6 times a week. He ordered blood work and I get the results tomorrow. This is beyond frustrating.

What did the bloodwork show? Did you get your results back?

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    It can be worthwhile to have your thyroid levels checked as that can slow down weight loss, especially if you are middle-aged, since that is when thyroid problems usually show.

Otherwise, as stated above, it is usually a matter of not weighing or measuring everything you eat or forgetting to log some things (like condiments). Often people will eat to goal most days, but then splurge on the weekend and not log what they eat. One dinner out can easily have 1000-2000 calories. Or they eat out fairly often so have to guess at those meal calories.
  • sbelletti
    sbelletti Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with that calorie goal?

How close are you to your goal weight?

Is your activity level new or different than what you did previously?

Do you weigh and log everything you put into your mouth accurately? Any "cheat" days or meals?

Are you on any kind of medication?
  • allaboutthecake
    Options
    (I think OP gave up. Hasn't logged in since end of May '22. )
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and STILL perimenopausal :s

I lost almost 40 pounds last year while eating considerably more than 1200 calories. However, I am VERY confident in my food logging as I have been doing it for some time and worked out all the common mistakes.

OP or others - there are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings