New Friends!

Options
I have decided to make new friends: my measuring cups, liquid measuring cup and food scale. Why friends? These tools have no opinions, just facts. These tools do not judge, just data. I have been working on reducing the fear of number amounts on the useful tools. I previously freaked out when measuring; for example: I measured 1/2 cup quinoa or 1/2 cup rice and told myself "I am going to starve" yikes! No, no, no, turns out it not the case. Turns out it really is just the correct amount my body needs. I just had to get use to it. So, thank you tools for helping me recalibrate my thinking.

Replies

• natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I started weighing everything in grams too recently - even packed stuff, like slices of bread. What an eye opener it has been! Somethings I was completely over estimating the weight of and calories of, so if anything my portion sizes have gone up now! Whey heyyyyy.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    My food scale is probably the most used thing in my kitchen. It is absolutely a life saver and sometimes I find I can have more than I thought too.... which is always fabulous.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!